7-Eleven

7-Eleven Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Working 6 days a week. Need to ensure business operate smoothly. Critical thinking skills is a must especially dealing with customer. Ensure staff following SOP in workplace. Always be creative on how to display promotion for sales. My team is really helpful for teaching me throughout this process.
Pros
My coworker is really helpful.
Cons
Cover shift when lack of staff
7 eleven is an old company that known by all Malaysian and well known from other country. The company is the best with the multi choices of products and brands that could helped the customer easy to get all stuff with the promised of good quality either they looking for or not. The management and also services is good but need proper control management system.
If you want to work temporarily, this is the perfect place. All tasks are easy to learn. Less workload. BUT, this place not suitable for working for a long time. Low salary and benefits, career advancement also very slow.
Pros
Easy, enjoy and relax environment
Cons
Low salary and benefits.
This is one of the best platform to enhance your skills and to generate your experience as store manager in 7 ELEVEN. Especially for the freshman. Day by day, you wanted to achieve your goal. So this is the best opportunity to try in your life.
Pros
Everything is great
Cons
There is no cons
7-Eleven convenience stores commonly offer a range of grocery and food items including hot food and beverages. In contrast, many of the provision shops and mini markets offer primary grocery items. Also offer services that are usually only available in more specialized store, such as pre-paid mobile phone reload, fax, photocopying services.
At 7 Eleven, I have met different types of people with different culture. From there, I learned on how to communicate effectively with the customers. Besides, 7 Eleven helps me to make a quick decision to solve a certain problems.
A good place to gain experience on how to deal with customer. The salary paid on time which is twice a month. Good management The system update Take care the welfare of the staff or concern with staffs
I had learned how to manage people and to faced all kind of customer. I learned how to raised profit and cause the loss. The workplace is enjoyable and calm. The hardest people is to make choice for good good situation. the most enjoyable part of this job is everyone is give hands when I need.
Less fun while the management giving cut cost for staff benefits. Having a good teamwork to relief the stressful work environment. Less hiring staff may causing a dangerous work environment.
As a store manager I just earn rm1600 without any benefit entitled including public holiday leave. No overtime or claim hours entitled even thought I'm stay back for long hours when we do monthly store inventory. No staff welfare and company insurances cover for any loses or accident.
It was a good experience for someone that wanted to have a job. Its been an exploring job when you working there because many you will learn. Thank you
Working in the company is the very good experience.staf can learn how to communicate with customer directly and learn how to manage customers problem.For that,company should give out other benefits to staff such as staff purchase or staff trip for every staff who has good performance.give training to new staff and make training in a very fun situation..
Field manager * tiada kerjasama * staff lama tdak d naikkn pangkat * pilih kasih dalam menaikkn pangkat * prestasi yang baik tidak d naikkan pangkat * gaji tidak naik walaupun kerja sudah 3 tahun hanya harap knaikan pangkat kalau d naikkan pangkat
Saya dapat pengalaman yang baik Di 7 eleven dari SA sampai store manager Saya belanjar dari segi sales n operation Saya boleh handle store n staff..
Pros
Etc
Cons
Short break
As a store manager, i think their working hour is not too complicated. Working from 9 am till 5 pm is suitable with me and not giving too much pressure.
Pros
Incentive if working on night shift
Cons
Pressure from upper management
On a typical day at work first thing that i should do is to make sure the store is in a good condition based on three aspects highlight by 7Eleven company which are shop, product and people. This job enable me to learn on how to manage the store such as ordering of products, condition of products and build a good relationship with the vendors who supply their goods to 7E. This job also help me in developing my communication and leadership skils. I learn on how to give instruction to my staff and handle them. I also involved in recruiting new staff as i was trained to interview any new candidates. The company management is excellent whereby all information regarding new promotions usually will deliver to us at the moment. The workplace culture also is very interesting. Although this career was not match with my qualification but for me the most important thing is i willing to learned new things and i get a lot of experience. The hardest part of the job is when i need to make sure that the monthly stock take provide a good result as it really need me to check throughly all the invoices before confirmation was done. The most enjoyable part of being a store manager is i get the opportunities to get know other store managers and get the chance to exchange many ideas on how to increase our store daily sale.
Pros
Training
Cons
holiday
I found it very exciting to work at 7 Eleven. The company value your hard work and offer great opportunity in career enhancement so you can achieve your dreamed goal in this company. You will learn many things from sales, operation and managerial component as you were promoted to manager level. As you climb high, you will also feel the pressure from the upper side. But, as a huge company which has over 2000 branches of convenient store throughout Malaysia, 7 Eleven has a very good practice of its Standard Operational Procedure. The SOP will less you the pressure.
Pros
Great career enhancing
Cons
Too much pressure from the upper management
I worked 6 days in a week. My job scope is to train new staff in the store, management and retailing and auditing. I had great opportunity to show my leadership skills and communication skills. The hardest part of the job is the time balance and safety. The most enjoyable part of the job is \when being appreciated for my talent.
Pros
Free company trips
Cons
Hectic schedule due lack of staff, lack of safety
Have opportunities to manage and build a group..Get enhance to work in teamwork. Besides that i have experience in recruit staff and give their training.
Pros
annual leave
Cons
healthcare
1. Give the staff experienced based learning. 2. Provide training for career development. 3. Forecast and analyze growing sale data. 4. Meetings focused on company target,
Pros
Experienced in multiple aspect of business and marketing.
Cons
Sale on beverages that sensitive to specific religion
I work as a team Make increamnent sale at branches Take responsible to the staff More responsible to bank in the cas Take action from any sugestion or instruction from the head deparment