AIG
AIG Employee Review

I think there is a lot of potential

31 October 2020
I have been working for AIG since August 30th, 2020 - two months so far! I was trained virtually and I work from home. I really appreciate the flexibility the company has given me, espcially with a husband who has cancer and cannot be exposed to covid. Also, my team has been great. My team leads are always there to help answer questions and my manager, though probably somewhat overwhelmed with the new hire questions and high volume calls, does his absolute best to support my success. I feel like there will be opportunities for growth and upward movement, although time will tell. I really enjoy problem solving and helping my customers get their issues resolved. The job is challenging but also fulfilling, and I am learning a ton about this kind of business. Even though I work from home, it's easy to tell that everyone is a team player and we care about one another. As with any company, there are a few challenges. The first challenge is that there is a ton of knowledge that I still need and would love to get some extra training in sometime. I believe the trainers did their best, but I just need some more information. There is so much I don't know! As a customer service rep, I really have to go above and beyond to get the answers that customers need - this involves pushing the service providers to get me information I need, along with utilizing all methods of communication and having great and honest follow up with customers. That can be hard to do when there is heavy call volume. If there is anything I would change, it would be having my first hour every shift as a "call back" - more...
Pros
Flexibility, Wfh, Benefits, Pto, Great Manager, Great Team Leads, Support
Cons
Angry Customers, Feeling like I need more training/knowledge.
18 February 2021
Assistant Coordinator, Malaysia (Former Employee) - Kuala Lumpur
Nice environmentWork/Life BalanceCompensation/Benefits not much but medical is too good. Management was good but need to take unnecessary exam Job Culture kudos.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
28 July 2020
Business Process Specialist (Former Employee) - Bukit Bintang
Great for my startup career and great benefits, boss, colleague, workload was manageable, great location, working shift odd hours only for those who able to manage will be great
22 February 2020
Senior Claims Specialist - A&H, Singapore (Former Employee) - Kuala Lumpur
Peaceful & harmonious working environment. The management always prefers the work-life balance culture. And the employment engagement bonding is always there between higher management & other staffs.
  1. I think there is a lot of potential