AIG

AIG Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

I was only there as a temp for 3 months, but the work was interesting and pleasurable. I enjoyed it very much. Shame it wasnt permanant. The people that work there were very helpful with anything I didnt understand.
Pros
Lively people
Cons
Not permanent
Great first job! I learned so much and met amazing people and I loved my supervisor! I really took my customer service experience from here and expanded it .
Benefits
Cons
short breaks
This was an outstanding company to work for. The management and co-workers were dedicated and experts in their field. I looked forward to and enjoyed coming in to work every day.
Pros
Wonderful people to work with. Extremely professional.
Cons
Answering phones, setting up all incoming staff members. Assistant to Vice President of Strategic Planning. Learned to balance superior 's work schedule and appointments as he begin to build a team to head a new division. Begin to handle underwriting projects of the new division of impaired risk claims. Hardest part was continuing to keep superior's schedule open for his monthly staff meetings. Most enjoyable I had - loved the work and the staff.
Pros
Constantly learning
Cons
Travel plans got hectic at times.
There was no room for advancement unless you wanted to move to the technical side of the house and then that wasn't guaranteed. Lots of lay offs with the administrative staff.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No chance for advancement
Productive Workplace. I have worked with AIG for eight years and I am currently looking for a Customer Service or Administrative position.
Busy working day with challenges. Interesting part was working with people from different nationalities. Good work-life balance with flexible working hours (if required)
I enjoyed working with AIG because I was exposed to a wealth of information. I was exposed to learning more about the computer and it's many different applications that I didn't know before, i.e. (Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Suite and Excel). A very interesting place to work with all levels of management. AIG provided me the opportunity to learn exclusively with on the job training.
Pros
Meeting different people of all races and ethnicities.
Cons
It took me 1 hour and 30 minutes to travel.
I start in our New Jersey Building in 2003 and work in our New York City, NY new Building in 2010 my same department. The job was very nice and very enjoyable. There were no hardest part of my job and the most enjoyable were working for my Managers & Underwriters and Underwriter Assistants. I also enjoy working with the mail room & file room. Also I enjoy working keeping our kitchen having everything cause I order when ever we need more. Coffee, Tea, Sugar,Milk, Cups, Napkins, Spoons, Dish Detergent,
I learned a lot and was a great way to start. I had a lot of opportunity to learn different skills and add value. It was a great part time job.
Communication is great within the company, you get webcasts from the CEO every other month. Great environment to work for.
I loved working here, the coworkers are great and fun to be around. The inflow of visitors was minimal but the everyday work tasks kept you busy.
Business in getting the job done on daily manner. I am team player and help in anyway I can to make sure the the unit I was placed at was in an organizational manner. Got along with the co-workers with no problem.
Pros
Lunches were given on meetings, special occasion within the company policy.
Cons
Health care is good and retirement, hours are flexible.
one of the best company to work for, I had A lot of good memories fun times
Pros
alot of good opportunities
Cons
good insurance
Even though it was a temporary job. I learned from other people how to be successful in the workforce. My first job out of college and I was basically a rookie in the job market. Thankfully, I met good people who taught me many things in the department. Not only they taught me work really information but provided me with advise how to become an excellent employee.
I truly had a wonderful experience working with CBS station. Hands on experience taught me a lot and also gave me insight.
Morning Coffee, good mornings, smiles, PC, today's agenda, calls, meetings, coding, booking, Aspire, PPS, Concur, mail room, UPS, deliveries, shipping, calls, voice messages, greetings, next week calendar, calls. Claims, invoice reviews. Calls, policy registrations, reservations, endorsements, travel arrangements, travel reports, printing, emailing, filing, supplies, fax, calls, Help Desk, coding, booking, orders. Bye-bye, smiles, see you tomorrow! -this is the typical day and this is the most enjoyable part at the same time. I learn something new every single day. My managers are my teachers and I try to not disappoint them and do as much as I can to provide the best support every day. My co-workers are my friends and some of them are almost my family. The hardest part of the job is to reach the office.
Pros
Logan view in the window.
Cons
Maybe healthcare but not sure
A typical day here was very busy one for me. I was able to learned how to package a tax filings for a corporation and importance of having a proof of mailing for all state and federal filings.
Pros
Management was very supportive of me pursuing an Advanced degree
A typical day at AIG is very busy. Management did a lot of cross training to allow everyone an opportunity to learn something new. My co-workers were easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people.
AIG PCG was an amazing company to work for. They pay very well for your work, compensation came quick and without question. The management promotes further education and working on projects with other departments. The hardest part of my employment was giving them my two week notice when I moved.
Co-workers made working here great and there was plenty of work to do in the beginning
  1. Administrative Assistant