AIG

AIG Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

I was only there as a temp for 3 months, but the work was interesting and pleasurable. I enjoyed it very much. Shame it wasnt permanant. The people that work there were very helpful with anything I didnt understand.
Pros
Lively people
Cons
Not permanent
I enjoyed the pleasant working environment at this company.
Working for six managers was challenging but thank God I have awesome managers that I enjoyed working for.
Everyone is a team player and the day usually goes by quickly because of the many task and obligations that are assigned. A typical day is detail-orientated and time management is paramount. Background in insurance is a must; however, cross-training and training Webinars are one of the greatest opportunities offered by AIG.
Pros
Training and Cross Training Opportunities
Cons
High Employee turnovers and Department Lay-Offs
Many luxuries were taken away from the employees such as company picnic, Christmas party, happy hours the mood itself and raises. It's the little people who worked hard who have to pay unfortunately. Raises were taken away and if you got a bonus you were lucky because you had to be put into a bracket, 1 (being the best), 2, 3, 4, 5 and they made it so someone had to be in every number even if you did your job you could still get a bad number, bad decision. If you were lucky you got under a manager who actually cared and cut you some slack, but those were few and far in between. A lot of work now is being sent overseas and layoffs are continuously happening.
Pros
Made friends with some good coworkers
Cons
Haven't seen a raise in years.....
Working for AIG companies is like black and white. Great company culture in Houston, Texas; worst in Phoenix, AZ. Management and co-workers the best in Houston, TX. In Phoenix, AZ, management lacked business and people skills; co-workers stingy and not willing to share information, or may give contradictory information regarding job functions or duties.. Overall, the best AIG companies are still in Houston, TX.
Pros
Company culture in Houston, Tx
Cons
Company management in Phoenix, TX needs further traing or hire those with skills
For a large corporation, this is a company that invests in it's employees. Employees are encouraged to advance their education through in house training and tuition reimbursement.
A typical day was exciting and challenging meeting the requirements of the assigned daily task list provided by the adjusters. I've learned a variation of processes, problem solving resolutions and how to complete daily deadlines with an unexpected workload to be ready for the end of day mail pick up. Constant monitoring, informative, honesty with effective leadership. My co-workers - surmountable teamwork. Unexpected work load with no cross training during an absent team member. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fulfillment in the satisfaction of my customers.
Pros
Gathering to celebrate pre-holidays.
Cons
Reduction of Administrative Assistants
Worked as Admin Asst to the Operations Manager. Answered phones, set up and coded all bills for payment, typing, duties as assigned.
Staff are professional and experienced. Possible room for advancement.
A professional environment with room for advancement. Staff are intelligent and driven.
Admin support for insurance company exceptional learning experience.
routine position with kind co-workers who are very helpful
Pros
parking available and lunch accomodations
Cons
shortbreaks and long commute to parking
excellent customer service , detail orient, mulit-task, people friendly
Pros
good benefits, luncheons for the office..
Cons
n/a
Working at AIG was a great opportunity as I was exposed to various areas, such as insurance and human resources. Each of the departments I worked in were very fast-paced, which is exciting and allows me to produce the highest levels of job performance.I gained experience in software applications, such as Concur, Clarity, WAVES, and Ariba. I was also able to expand my skills and expertise in Microsoft Office programs, such as Excel, Outlook, and Access.
Pros
exposure to insurance side of the firm's objectives.
i really enjoyed the experience of working here. they are well balanced between work and play and they celebrate birthdays
Excellent company to work for. Very professional but warm friendly atmosphere and great interaction with staff members.