AIG

AIG Employee Reviews for Business Analyst

good exposure to develop career opportunity and grow within the organisation. Join AIGSS under Quality Management Team as a Quality Assurance Analyst for CPS Collection Team (Finance and Accounts - Account Receivable). Responsible to analyse cases processed by Australia, Indonesia and Malaysia CPS Collection (Account receivable) and produce weekly and monthly quality report for the team.
Pros
cool boss
Cons
nil
Had a good experience, learned a lot and moved up the corporate ladder with good mentorship along the way. The company would benefit from a better workplace culture.
Decent company. Needed more opportunities for advancement. Good worklife balance. Expected performance standards not very clear. Family oriented. Needed more employee engagement.
Pros
Used to have free lunches.
Cons
Raises/promotions were scarce
The office was very laid back. We were able to work from home two days a week. We could also wear jeans. My direct managers were always good managers and looked out for their reports. I enjoyed my position at AIG.
Pros
Ability to telecommute. Good work - life balance.
Cons
Constant lay offs.
Nice friendly working environment. Allows for flexible hours and is full of opportunities to grow as an individual and allows for a experience in different lines of business
Nice place to work and learn. Large campus which allows for great community. Benefits are the very stellar. 401k match up to 6% Health Insurance competitive.
AIG is going through a transition period with a new CEO so change will be coming. Layoffs are not uncommon so the hardest part is always wondering if you will have a job tomorrow. I work with a great team of people who are very supportive of me. I'm on a project so my hours have varied. It's not uncommon for me to work 10-12 hours a day.
If you enjoy a fast paced work environment this job is for you. Great pay rate, great benefits, great hours and bonuses AIG is just fantastic all the way around if your up for the challenge!
Pros
Great benefits, hours, pay rate / pleasant work enviornment
Cons
Stressful
Good people and good managers. Distribution of work load out of balance because of high turnover. Some people do way more than others. Overtime not available.
A very competitive and progressive place to work in and an equal opportunity employer who respects the rights and dignity of employees. Compensate employees fairly according to experience and level of education.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
retrenchment
Great company to work for. many perks and bonuses given to full time employees. great work and life balance. Management mentors and sets team members up for success.
Currently the company is experiencing numerous layoffs so I would not recommend applying since there is no guarantee as to how long your position would be needed.
Pros
good vacation package
Cons
managers are inexperienced
When I worked there I would start on my reports and/or coding, worked on audits, and developed workflows. As my job was hyper-focused on efficiency and productivity, it was very frustrating working in a culture that supported a management structure that was primarily focused on swelling their own department sizes and so individual titles. My job was to create efficiency and this environment creates boatloads of waste. I had ethical issues with how much work I had to code to send out of the country (we would have to rework most of it due to error) while management laid off onsite employees. I also struggled with the issue of this company reducing and denying so many coverage claims as our clients are real people and could easily be my own relatives or friends in need of coverage.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Corporate culture and egos
Wonderful work environment, great atmosphere, and wonderful new contacts. The best part of the job was being able to work remote. Flexible hours Learned various systems and inner workings of the mergers and acquisitions group.
Pros
able to work remote
Initially an enjoyable place to work but I was there during a period of deep cost cutting. By 2017 it was bleak. Investments IT primarily relocated to NC but various jobs were parsed out to various lower cost centers. Initially benefits were good but were cut significantly between 2012 and 2017.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Pay/Benefts have been cut significantly
Weird working environment within AIG. Definitely a fast paced company that loves to have unending projects that are doomed to fail. There is a stagnant structure of wages and no real growth potential. If you are looking for a job with a decent benefits package and a a work from home flexibility then this is for you.
AIG is a good place to begin a career and obtain insurance business knowledge to last a lifetime. There does appear to be a considerable learning curve upon entry that some people may struggle with.
Pros
Free drinks, good benefits, business casual
Cons
Politics, Leadership
I was hired as a FTE and when I arrived I asked questions. No answers were given. The person in change of my group was a nasty individual that demeaned people in a bullying manner. The person I reported to was not technical and her eyes glassed over when I tried to be specific. I was blamed for things that she did not comprehend and eventually they restructured and I was released. Best thing that ever happened to me.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Not a good job
Company had great benefits and perks but extremely long hours, no worklife balance. I enjoyed what I did and learned a lot but the job security that was sold in the beginning was not the reality. Every couple of months, they were doing layoffs. I thought the management style at times was micro-managing from some. Learned that I was doing more than Business Analysis work and wasn't compensated for it. Felt there was no room for career advancement at times.
Pros
Great Benefits; enjoyed the flexibility (work from home)
Cons
Pay could have been more comparable
Really depends on the department you work. During my time there, the company was going through a lot of restructuring which involved a lot of lay offs. So as you can imagine, that environment wasn't really the greatest to work in as many people were worried about Job security. My favorite part about working there though were my managers. Their open door policy, honesty, among many other things made working there quite pleasant
Typical day full of duties and time lines. Always something new to learn. Benefits are good. Large campus good for exercise and healthy eateries near by.
Pros
Gym
  1. Business Analyst