AIG

AIG Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

It was okay. Higher Management was no good. The pay was okay. The job was boring and not challenging me and became a bore. The pay was good and lots of paid holidays.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
The constant quality grading
It was good working with the company, benefits and salary are both good. They recreational facilities as well that helps employees to somehow forget the stress in their workplace.
Productive place to work. Collaborative co-workers. Upper management only conversed with full-time employees. Off on all holidays. Job only stable during insurance changes, usually 3 - 6 months.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Contract Job
Great job and environment. Would recommend for an aggressive sales men. Very face paced. Very relaxed environment. Managers are very helpful and try their best to accommodate employees needs.
I loved that my positions kept me busy and challenged. During my career corporate business decisions kept changing directions. This gave me the opportunity to learn more and expand my insurance expertise. I also learned how to adapt to change quickly. My management team was the most supportive team I could ask for.
Pros
Good Benefits with supportive co-workers
Cons
No employment stability
I freaking loved working at AIG. Great managers, co-workers, everyone is super nice. They have different types of contest and things to get you involved.
The introduction of a new staff productivity monitoring system in 2013 marked the beginning of a dramatic decline in morale and working conditions. The emphasis on quality of work was replaced by the need for speed as all work tasks were measured in minutes and seconds. Consequently the focus to meet personal productivity targets eliminated both the team work ethic and putting the customer first. Healthy sales outstripped adequate staffing levels and so career development had to be overlooked. A successful company but not a place to stay too long.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
AIG is known all over US, South America and Asia, currently the leading Insurance company in the United States and best employer of the year, Surprisingly recognized by more than 50 countries all over the world. Working with internationally acclaimed company is both fun and enjoyable but with big responsibility in a sence that we need to be careful, efficient and trustworthy for the protection of our company and maintaning the top position. Over all it's not easy but the company make sure that you will be compensated rightfully, treated fairly and lived a balanced workplace and personal life.
Pros
Allowances, sometimes free lunch, no overtime, no salary disputes
While Working at Aig ,I learned and grown so much. the people I worked with are great, the company is awesome. I wish it want a temp job, I would work there again
typical work day is inbound calls at a fast setting pace locating customer accounts, and warranties for product services they purchase. we are a third party who assist with having contractors come out to fix appliances, tv and any other services they have warranties on.
flexible, healthy vacation leave balance flexible healthy leave balance vacation volunteer parking breaks lunch vacation savings healthy flexible leave balance
Pros
work
Cons
work
This was not a good place to work. Management had a "click" and if you wasn't in that "click" you didn't have much room for advancement. This job absolutely was horrible and a lot of favoritism was most definitely show. This job was not professional at all!!!
Still employed there. My only concern is the fact that hiring managers make it difficult to move up. They are very biased. Other than that, everything is just fine. Not the best workplace.
AIG is a great place to work for certain reasons. the benefits are great and great incentives but its a lot more stressful than when i first started. I have been there for five years and i have gotten one raise and they start new comers at 14 buck an hour. i make 10.69 an hour and they start people higher.
Great team to help you in times of need. Seems daunting when you have to get licensed for each state but it isn’t that difficult. All the answers are there, you just have to read.
Pros
Company back what the representative says, even if they’re wrong.
Cons
The managers are to worried about your personal life
Great place to work for a temporary job, no benefits, layoff could happen without notice, no room for advancement, manager was easy to work with, relaxed atmosphere
Typical day...taking care of the customers Loved the team and manager i had. Great interaction and learning opportunity about retirement plans. Something to carry with you throughout life.
A typical work day for a morning person like myself used to start slow, then speed up. Toward my end with the company it never slowed. I learned how to exercise patients and be a do-er for myself. Management is always there to help. The hardest part of the job was taking non-stop escalated angry calls all day and never a decent one. The best part to me was learning how to multitask and type faster.
Pros
Office potlucks and catered lunch. Personal time each day.
Cons
Healthcare a little pricey. Callers always upset/angry.
I liked working there, but they were losing a business and didn't tell us until they laid us all off. I worked for whirlpool and had to quit because they didn't have any calls and were going to fire everyone.
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Everything else
its an alright company, hard to move up unless you know somebody, very low pay in my opinion. Very relaxed work place environment. Depending on the area you get hired in the hours can be flexible.
AIG is an average employer, benefits are great but compensation could be better. Need to pay their employees more to match amount of work required. Extensive background done on each employee, this is a big plus!
  1. Customer Service Representative