AIG

AIG Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

It was okay. Higher Management was no good. The pay was okay. The job was boring and not challenging me and became a bore. The pay was good and lots of paid holidays.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
The constant quality grading
Good company to work for with good benefits, but they don’t offer raises the starting pay is very low . They have montory over time with only 1 day notices. The shift changes every quarter based of your performance
Handled automobile renewal policies and payments. Very stressful job in that I had to often deal with extremely irate customers. I did learn a great about different policies.
I actually worked here as a temp and came back because I miss the people. The job i smore like a family just wish the pay or career advancement was better
not a great place to work did not like the management they were rude and not helpful with questions no room out of sales department could not move out of sales
A typical day at work was busy. You consistently had incoming calls from customers that needed assistance. I learned a lot about several different companies, some good and some not so good. I had 2 different managers within the time I worked at the company. My second manager understood the company and was very helpful.
Management absolutely clueless. Claims were never paid on time, if at all. Once it was known office would be closing due to downsizing, nothing got done. Everything stopped. Implementation of new system just weeks before office closed did not help matters. Claim payments were held back and duplicate EOB's sent out due to bugs in new computer system. Would not recommend you work here.
Pros
Pay was competative
Cons
high stress environment, clueless management
No promotions are granted because of educational background. The job is who you know and friendship is essential. The turnover rate is very high because the pay is very low. The management team are not experience to handle business.
Day to day consists of answering phones with a high call volume. 2 15 minute breaks (paid) and 1 hour lunch (unpaid) per day. As a CSR you are highly micromanaged and must be on the phone every second scheduled. Depending upon the department, your calls will involve various tasks involving assisting insureds, agent, third parties, medical providers, and attorneys. The teams within the departments consist of a great group of individuals. Teammates will often quickly assist and support one another. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to help others. However, the hardest part of the job is the lack of pay and difficulty in advancing within the company. If you plan to remain a customer service representative your entire career, this might be the position for you.
Pros
Better than most PTO, Benefits, priviledge to work from home based upon performance (depends upon department)
Cons
No career advancement-only lateral moves, pay is not comparable to the position, raises pretty much do not exist.
Management was young and did not really know what he was doing and was friendly to much to certain co-workers. It was a nice place to work, but not the department that I was in which was the Data Entry are.
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AIG?
Management here was not great to work with. They were not friendly and did not make going to work helpful. I did enjoy my work schedule. I worked from 5:00am-1:30pm
I used to be proud of working for AIG but it has changed so drastically, The department i just left was way too many hours with very high stress and very low morale. I would have liked to have stayed at AIG and move to another department but since I hadn't been back with the company a year yet, it was not within the guidelines to move me to another department. typical day there was going in and tracking everything you did on a daily basis down to restroom breaks and getting up to go to the printer. I did learn alot about processing withdrawals and transfers for customers but it is extremely high stress job with everything being quality controlled. With all the details you need to watch for, they really don't give you enough time to master the 95% average you must maintain. The management seems as burned out at the employees going through the day in a haze. This is due to the long hours that change from day to day which was the hardest part. The most enjoyable were the times when we were able to act like people, enjoy and count on each others wisdom and guidance which before I left was being frowned upon.
Pros
food days, getting to leave for appts, free soda, tea, and coffee
Cons
micromanagement, long hours, not knowing from one day to the next when you will leave
High volume of inbound calls Helped develop decision making skills as far as approving or denying claims. Management and coworkers were friendly and always willing to help and made it a fun environment to work in. The hardest part of the job itself was dealing with irate customers calling in because of damaged products.
Pros
Good management, fun environment
Cons
Inadequate compansation
A typical day on the call-floor is very laid back. Most managers are willing to help you. There are a team of supervisors that are available during business hours to answer questions that customer service representatives may have, or take supervisor calls should they need to. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others and building relationships with your coworkers. The hardest part of the job is keeping calm with upset customers that call in, and continuing to help them even though you may be frustrated. Throughout my time here I have gained a lot of experience in dealing with all kinds of people in multiple situations and how to deescalate people very well.
Great management team and excellent benefits, but the salaries are low. The company is growing like crazy right now, so employees were told that there would be new opportunities available to support the increase in business.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Salaries low
AIG is so employee concentrated the roles are pleasing and the payroll are great. The senior managment are really pro's dealing with emloyees and how to treat them.
Pros
Afternoon shift allownce
Cons
Long hours and alot of work
AIG is an ideal starting job or career! They are willing to work around school schedules or other jobs you have. The management is amazing & are always wanting us to excel in our job!
Normal hours. High turnover due to nature of business. Pay didn't match work. Solid job for someone looking for good benefits. Culture was fine, just high turnover.
working with annuities and the senior population. high turnover rate. hardest part was being a temp agent and being unsure of getting hired on full time
AIG is a nice place to work with. They do take care of their employees and give good benefits. We have a insurance which our family can enjoy as well. And I'm grateful that Ive been part of this company.
Pros
insurance/ health benefit
Cons
graveyard shift
AIG would be a great place to work if the people that put the time, and the work were recognized and allowed advancement. The upper management encourages cliques and in groups that blatantly do less work to thrive and expand further within the company, causing morale for the people doing everything they can to move up to drop immensely. Co-workers are nice and respectful, but management does not fix issues that remain present for months that effect every single rep on the call floor. Mismanagement and disregard for real issues within the company that effect both customers and employees go untouched for far too long.
Pros
great benefits, relatively lac workplace
Cons
cliques within management, blatant favoritism
  1. Customer Service Representative