AIG

AIG Employee Reviews for Processor

I liked working for AIG. I liked the experience, work environment and networking. The pay. Benefits. Management and overall experience was great at that company.
Benefits are very good. Different opportunities to move up or just to a different position. The company works well with you and moral is very important.
Fun and awesome place to work. Only thing that I didn't like was the long overtime hours every day especially with a child at home. My job was secured and benefits were awesome.
AIG fired me when I revealed to my manager that I would be seeking counseling due to suicidal thoughts. Upon my advisement that I would be seeking legal assistance regarding this blatant discrimination, AIG Human Resources threatened me. AIG could not handle being liable for an employee's mental well being so my employment was temrinated. The fact that I was a knowledge guru of my team and one of the highest producing processors on the floor with great attendance made no difference. The state of Texas agreed that AIG participated in discriminatory practices and ordered AIG to pay me the maximum legal amount for unemployment. I have not let AIG's intimidation tactics scare me, the attorney I have retained will be filing a notice of suit against AIG, the HR dictators, and my ex manager very soon.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND GREAT PEOPLE. management is great and they try to help you improve. Metrics are a little strict but manageable. All in all great place to work
good environment management another story had fun while working here would look @ again if need be fun company had to be proficient in excel and emails
No one notices you unless you mess up. The pay is fine but the environment is incredibly dull and corporate. No innovations are made in the department and all money is spent elsewhere by the company in order to make them look better in the public eye. If they would focus on in-house issues then id probably want my job back but as the summary says its a thankless job and everyone from all other departments look down upon new business operators. Its the most critical role AIG has and yet there are no innovations and no updates to old operating systems. AIG still requires faxes to be sent in, which most insurance agents are not happy to hear about. Everyone shoots the messenger and thats exactly what this position is.
The benefits and PTO are amazing, however, the pay for the amount of work you are doing is not there. For my position Overtime was required with no notice (which was in the contract), we could go in as early as 6am and leave as late as 8pm. The job had multiple activities to promote employee appreciation. There was little to no appreciation for the work you do, mistakes are always noted.
Pros
401K, Health, dental and dentist insurance, Pto, Bonus
Cons
Undervalued
Loved the job at first but was never given a full job description for my position. Never received clear guidance on what to do. Very poor management and clear discrimination against employees over fifty. AIG does not care about their worker bees, just about the dollar and appearance of being family oriented and customer friendly. All I can say is, be sure and cover your butt if you work for them.
I worked here for two months. The first month you take a training to learn the computer system that's used. After that I held down an empty desk for 8 hours a day and did absolutely nothing. I was never assigned a department or a supervisor. I got tired of sitting around and being bored out of my mind.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AIG?
I felt completely overworked and way underpaid. I was told when I started that overtime would be seldom and that they may work 1 Saturday per month. After starting we were scheduled 8am-5pm Monday - Friday and we ended up staying until 7 or 8 every night and working most Saturdays. Management didn't really enforce people doing their jobs and that put more processing work on 2-3 individuals instead of the work being done evenly with the 12 team members
Terribly managed, did not care about employees or clients. I shouldn't be forced to write a summary about companies that have employed me in the past.
Wish i could of been there longer with the company but i was just temporarily working till my contract ended. Another chance would be awesome and i think i would do great
Most unnecessarily stressful place I've ever worked~! My team manager was great but there was way too much micro-managing from others. I wish things would have been different because I was on a wonderful team and I really miss them.
Things i loved the most in AiG are benefits and working environment friendly people. Short term incentive Paid remaining SL every January. My colleagues, birthday cake/token.
Pros
Benefits 3 dependent
Cons
1leave per month per employee ( implement in our team) temporary
It not bad job to work at you can enjoy your work and learn at a semi own pace overall if I could go back I would. Short hours there always work to do so there is never a dual moment.
Pros
Great hours many peoplenare very excited when you start to want to get to know you
Cons
If you not willing to be open with anyone they tend not to do much
A typical day at work is answering incoming calls. I learned a lot about the retirement services industry and love the management. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers and the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Stressful
They just keep piling more and more work on you with out any compensation or training. Outdated computers and slow programs and you must meet there time limits while processing.
When I started , the company was family oriented , and the company took good care of employees. After the CEO retired and new one came in things changed and it became all about profit with much stricter rules more expectations good with no compensation..
Pros
Good PtO and benefits
Cons
too much favoriteism
A workday is one in which you do not talk to or interact with other employees. Stressful with less than 5% allowed for errors. Would not recommend.
This has got to be the worst place I’ve ever worked. There is NO work/ life balance. My department has been doing overtime for the last year with no sight of slowing down. We work 12 hour days Mon- Fri and also work on Saturdays. They overwork their employees to the point of exhaustion and then punish them when they make small mistakes and making mistakes, whether small or big, can cost you your job. They have an extremely high turnover because they treat their employees like robots. Career progression is only possible if you have perfect attendance (not even ONE sick day), perfect error ratios and productivity. If you are not constantly 100% perfect, you do not progress within the company at all! They set you up to FAIL.
Pros
Healthcare and PTO
Cons
Horrible management, micromanagment, no work/life balance, constant overtime, being treated like robots