AIG

AIG Employee Reviews for Processor

I liked working for AIG. I liked the experience, work environment and networking. The pay. Benefits. Management and overall experience was great at that company.
I have gained the confidence of management team here at AIG to aid in other lines of business when working with a time line on any and all projects. The team morale is important piece to maintain our (Valic) Error ratio of 99.93% . Our motto is “Work Smarter not Harder”.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Yeah there are some great benefits for working for this company, but if you get 6 occurrences in a 6 month period (Absences or coming in late/leaving work early for any reason) you get fired not questions asked.
AIG is an amazing place to work and has great managers that are willing to help you with any issues you may have. AIG's interview process is slightly more difficult than other companies' but it is worth it to be able to work in such a great place.
AIG is a good company to work for, depending on the department you are in. The actual culture is great, people are great. Advancement is difficult for me personally as I work from home 3 hours away from the office. The only way to advance would be to work in a different department, and not many other departments offer work from home as an option. Also, jobs have "grades." Therefore in order to make more money, you have to get a job with a higher grade. Therefore, raises are not very existent if you stay within your job title. That is frustrating.
A Billion dollar company yet they do not look out for their employees. It can be a stressful job depending on time of the year and workflow. Management has it's pros and cons, also hard to advance within the company.
Pros
Pto, flexibity with schedules
Cons
long hours, compensation, no advancement
good compensation and benefits work life balance friendly environment approachable managers/superiors fun work place with billiards table and console games (ps4)
a typical day at work. micro managed. cubicals everywhere. overtime at the last minute without notice. advancement is very difficult. raises are 2 or 3 % a year which amounted to about 30 or 40 dollars a month to most people.. it was a joke of a raise.
Work is stressful with time and quality regulations. Every key stroke and mouse movement is recorded for productivity purposes. Requires a lot of knowledge of different policies, federal and state laws in order to complete tasks correctly. Each request is rechecked for quality and scored a Pass or a Fail. However, AIG does give to the employees some benefits like free popcorn on the last Friday of the month. Free drinks such coffee, tea, and fountain cokes. AIG likes to give to charity, we on occassion will have jeans week. We pay $5 to wear jeans all week in which the money goes to a charity that was selected for that week. Participation is optional.
Advancement is always available. Great Managers and Assistants. Very people friendly. Work environment is great. The hardest part of AIG is the parking.
I was a processing clerk, talk to different agents for banks collecting information on client beneficiaries for insurance policies and making sure it is correct in order to process
I loved working there i just needed more of a salary at the time to support my family. But the work place was always fun and stress free and i really enjoyed my time there.
I have worked for AIG since 2013 and have had a handful of experiences during my time working for this company. A typical day for the department I currently work in is filled with working out of queues, reviewing Divorce and Power of Attorney documents while working with other processors in those same and different queues. Management tends to work fairly well with employees, especially if an emergency arises or the sudden need to take time off occurs. The job can be a bit stressful sometimes but overall, AIG is not a bad place to work.
Pros
Heath care, dental and vision benefits, Roth 401k option as retirement plan, 24 days of PTO at the beginning of each year
Cons
Stressful, occasional unexpected overtime
I enjoy the work when we have it. I have been here 10 years and had only 2 raises. The job that I have is something I enjoy we just need more work. I think when I started the company cared more about the employees. I can process two different kinds is jobs cause not only new business have I done I have processed loans for the company also.
It is a job that requires you to work from dusk til dawn with the notion that overtime is voluntary however they force you to work and if you have to leave when you regularly schedule time to go you must work the overtime of get punished.
large office environment, most managers are the nicest people and want you to succeed and advance your career. Overtime is required and occurs frequently during busy seasons (1.5x pay). Attention to detail is crucial to perform well in this position.
Pros
team members and management
Cons
large large office space
Working at AIG was always fun. Learned a lot about Annuities. Benefits are excellent. Holidays are paid and you don't have to use your Personal Time Off.
Pros
Great environment!
Cons
Too much drama...overboard
I was wrongfully terminated for following the directions of a manager who instructed me to alter dates on a spreadsheet for audit last week. At this time, I do not have any positive feedback for the company due to the situation I was put in which caused me to lose my job of 19 years and the reason was CERTAINLY not my job performance nor production numbers.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great place to work at just not enough ways to receive raises. Training is always available to become more experienced one thing that I enjoyed. Not enough information on how to grow and move up and also move up with salary pay.
Pros
Managers are amazing here. Most of them
Cons
Raises.
All though the job comes with lots of pro like the benefits, be prepared to work more than 50 hours a week. Most of the manager are very nice and pleasant to work for.
I work at AIG part time and enjoy my team and team leader very much. I've learned a lot about insurance and retirement benefits while being here. Although sitting at a desk all day is hard, there are many activities that AIG likes to do with their employees on a weekly basis.