AIG

AIG Employee Reviews for Processor

I liked working for AIG. I liked the experience, work environment and networking. The pay. Benefits. Management and overall experience was great at that company.
Worst place I have ever worked......Treated like a little child. Watched constantly for even talking to your peers. If you get up from your chair to talk to someone you are reprimanded. This place is a sweat shop.......It's like a maze of people all around you in little cubicles. Dirty environment. 4 small bathroom stalls for at least 75 to 100 women. Disgusting...Managers are incompetent and are still there because they know someone or related to someone in the company. Daily stress is terrible. Constantly being told you have to bring up your production or you will go on probation. Very stressful. Would not recommend this company to anyone I know and have not done so......
Pros
free drinks
Cons
micromanagement....treated like children....
Very structured, predictable, precision-focused processing job. Heavy overtime requirements, internal communication and problem-solving focused.
Long hours and could improve on appreciating dedicated employees for their worth, value and skills. Too many managers and the lack of communication between the team and different departments.
Pros
Benefit plan is flexible
Cons
No recognition
its an overall great company i just feel they could improve their training for the processors not just the call agents. As well as have nicer managers.
Pros
benefits, free sodas and tea
Cons
late hours
Good place to work. Pay could be better for the responsibilities of the processors. The company is growing in the Amarillo area. Learned a lot about retirement and withdrawals from pension plans.
Pros
health benefits;retirement;paid time off
Cons
hard to promote
Fast job never bored. Professional yet fun atmosphere. Learned so much about annuities and the financial and insurance industries.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
too much overtime
As Routing Specialist and Dispatcher there was never a dull moment. Routings changed daily, which provided for continued research and reorganization of daily routes for transports. I enjoyed being able to assist in a moments notice of detours, maintenance failures and special event needs.
Pros
The opportunity to work with the special needs children
Cons
Seasonal downtime
Pro: E-working is probably the best part about this company. Con: There are constant changes in this industry. It is tough to keep everyone on the same page.
team environment fast paced many departments annuity ad product knowledge team and department change meeting diverse people
it was an okay job but needs better leadership and better management that know what they are doing.
Takes for ever to gain full access to be able to fully do job duties, poor comunication to the processing floor, great people who work around you.
I enjoy working for AIG. Work a lot of overtime though, sometimes from 8am to 8pm. The Management is very friendly and always there to help.
Loved working outdoors Loved carrying the mail Loved interaction with customers on route Hated political nature of management from postmaster down to first- line supervisors
Pros
working outdoors, good exercise, good salary/benefits
Cons
pitiful management with little or no training
Management is ok and they do seem to want to see you succed. The mandtory OT almost every day is really hard. Very hard to go to school while working every day except Sunday. Most dys are 10-12 hr days.
Pros
free sodas
Cons
long work days. No time for family life or time to develop outside of work
A typical day would be processing asset paperwork. It was a great environment. I enjoyed my co-workers and management. This was a very ideal job. Not much stress and you the left the job at the office when you went home for the day.
Pros
Great environment, stability
Cons
Not great benefits or pay
I enjoyed my job of payment processing. - Pay Medical facilities, Hospitals, Doctors, Patients & Attorney bills, Mail out checks, Index Invoices, Research bill inquires to resolve issues. Quality Control for correct amounts on invoices and checks
I liked working at AIG/Chartis very much I learned a lot of different things on the computer what I had to do for my work.