AIG

AIG Employee Reviews in Alpharetta, GA

Worked there until they moved my department out of state. Was a great place to work. Worked there for 12 years. some of the mid level management could have used a little management training but the upper level management was good.
Pros
Pension
Cons
some of the managers needed training on how to better manage
This is a great company and even though I no longer work there I will always miss them. AI```G really make you feel like family. The managers do their best to make you feel like family
Supervisors and management did not provide any positive encouragement. We were understaffed and worked very hard but not appreciated. There was not any advanced training and I did not feel very hopeful about moving up in this company. They work environment felt very restrictive and morale was low. I honestly would become very depressed on as Sunday night thinking about going back into the office on Monday morning. All in all just not worth it being so miserable at work.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Horrible treatment
Innovative company; but challenging as to reducing expenses through automation continuously. Formal project management techniques & contact management software heightened the experience. Job required offshore coordination with staff in Manila.
Very laid back office environment.There was room for growth and advancement within the company.Ability to work from home a couple days a week depending on department and management.
good company to work for the benefits were great and the co workers are like family nothing bad to say was laid off but they gave a great package when we was laid off.
Great culture; Professional. During my AIG days, I truly experienced a work Family-friendly environment full of warmth amd assistance. We all helped one another succeed by providing our intelligence, kindness and resources freely.
I was able to work from home and had flexibility. PTO and maternity leave policy was really good. They have 401k plans that are matched. The hardest part of the job was inadequate training.
I wouldn't recommend working at AIG. Insurance business is changing. More likely to streamline business units than to expand departments. Simi regular lay offs.
A good place to begin a career but not a good place to stay. Ineffective management. No opportunity for advancement. No raises, only if you change jobs.
Very nice place to work, managers are very nice, lots of flexibility and best part we worked from home. No drama with other employees. It was production based and goals were always met.
Lot of flexibility, worked from home 3 -5 days a week. Work, life, and balance was great as well. The team i worked with was awesome and they had team outing all the time.
Hardest part of the job it was so hard to move to other departments within the company. After a few years with the company they stop annuals raises and start giving you a bonus that was taxed at 45% to 50%
Learned alot. Remote work available. Great benefits. Friendly environment. Leadership changes presenting change in organization mostly positive and hopeful for the future.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my team who were very cooperative and respectful. Management in general was easy to communicate with.
Pros
Team Spirit
Cons
Excess work
At times the workload was somewhat challenging; however, with prioritizing it was manageable and the end results were satisfying. A wealth of knowledge can be gained working in this position.
Pros
Telecommute
Cons
Salary
Benefit was ability to telecommute. However the pay is about half of industry norm. Raises and bonuses were a guise. However the company was struggling financially so it was not surprising.
Management has no clue and you are just a number to them. They would bring in outside trainers, so you were lucky if your direct manager knew what your day to day job was. Outsourcing a ton of their business overseas.
Pros
Good benefits; Quiet
Cons
Low pay; no job security
I learned to work at an extremely fast paced company. As a paralegal the high volume case load with strict deadlines was great, actually because I love being challenged and focused while on the job.
Pros
Security in working for such a large corporation and loved the challenge
Cons
Lack of management and poor morale due to low salary complaints
Productive and great place to work. Love the people I worked with. You can move up in the company fast if you apply. Great work recognition and acknowledgement.
Pros
Flexible hours, no weekends, offer OT
Cons
AIG is a competitive workplace. The culture was inclusive and diverse. The pay structure was fair. The management was fair in their dealing with individuals one on one.