AIG

AIG Employee Reviews in Amarillo, TX

It was okay. Higher Management was no good. The pay was okay. The job was boring and not challenging me and became a bore. The pay was good and lots of paid holidays.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
The constant quality grading
The job has pros and cons. The pros are benefits, flexibility and remote from home. The cons are outdated technology, low compensationThey need to get better technology and pay their employees more in terms of salary,There is a constant fear of layoffs.
Helping clients was the most enjoyable part of working at AIG. Dealing with bullying by a colleague was stressful, but unfortunately condoned and/or ignored by management.
Pros
Met some very nice people. Was able to locate and assist some appreciative beneficaries.
Cons
Readily available and free poisonous substances, i.e. sodas and junk food.
Benefits are very good. Different opportunities to move up or just to a different position. The company works well with you and moral is very important.
I worked in the call center so I do not know how the rest of the companies culture is. Very high pressure to help the client and uphold time andnumber quotasquotas.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
High pressure
Fun and awesome place to work. Only thing that I didn't like was the long overtime hours every day especially with a child at home. My job was secured and benefits were awesome.
Tedious and stressful. People will stab you in the back anytime they can to score points with management. The culture is very clique and managers have favorites.
AIG fired me when I revealed to my manager that I would be seeking counseling due to suicidal thoughts. Upon my advisement that I would be seeking legal assistance regarding this blatant discrimination, AIG Human Resources threatened me. AIG could not handle being liable for an employee's mental well being so my employment was temrinated. The fact that I was a knowledge guru of my team and one of the highest producing processors on the floor with great attendance made no difference. The state of Texas agreed that AIG participated in discriminatory practices and ordered AIG to pay me the maximum legal amount for unemployment. I have not let AIG's intimidation tactics scare me, the attorney I have retained will be filing a notice of suit against AIG, the HR dictators, and my ex manager very soon.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND GREAT PEOPLE. management is great and they try to help you improve. Metrics are a little strict but manageable. All in all great place to work
good environment management another story had fun while working here would look @ again if need be fun company had to be proficient in excel and emails
I enjoyed my time at AIG. The only reason I left was to move out of state with the Husband at the time. I would love to work with them in the future if I end up back in Amarillo.
When I did see her she was always dealing with meetings so that left me with a trainer that kept changing her mind about how I should do things. I asked for help multiple times and was still just brushed me off.
The benefits and PTO are amazing, however, the pay for the amount of work you are doing is not there. For my position Overtime was required with no notice (which was in the contract), we could go in as early as 6am and leave as late as 8pm. The job had multiple activities to promote employee appreciation. There was little to no appreciation for the work you do, mistakes are always noted.
Pros
401K, Health, dental and dentist insurance, Pto, Bonus
Cons
Undervalued
I worked at AIG twice and I loved it each time. They do so much for their employees and if your wanting great benefits then this is the place to work! I wish they had an office closer to the Austin area because I would definitely go back !
Loved the job at first but was never given a full job description for my position. Never received clear guidance on what to do. Very poor management and clear discrimination against employees over fifty. AIG does not care about their worker bees, just about the dollar and appearance of being family oriented and customer friendly. All I can say is, be sure and cover your butt if you work for them.
If you can focus on your work and ignore the toxic culture, you may get to keep your job. Attrition is about 90%, so most colleagues are new and most get fired or quit.
I worked here for two months. The first month you take a training to learn the computer system that's used. After that I held down an empty desk for 8 hours a day and did absolutely nothing. I was never assigned a department or a supervisor. I got tired of sitting around and being bored out of my mind.
Working at AIG has helped my progression in not only typing, but knowledge in certain computer programs and software. As a quality analyst, I review hundreds of transactions on a daily basis dealing with clients retirement funds and life insurance policies. A transaction is processed, and it's my responsibility to make sure it is correct before the funds leave the company. The management team over my department is very laid back and easy to work with. When a problem arises, the management does their best to help fix it. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with individuals with a poor work ethic. My job weighs heavily on other people doing their job, so if that job isn't done properly then it makes my days longer as I have to wait on them to finish all work that comes in that day. The most enjoyable part of the day is certain co-workers that I have the pleasure of working with. AIG is a good company overall, but I am definitely ready for something new.
They have great benefits and the work is easy but the work/life balance is not the best. The jobs offered at AIG are not difficult and can be done rather simply as long as you have a head for memorization and can keep up with constantly changing insurance and retirement laws.
In all honesty it wasn't that bed of a place to work. Management needed more training and they need to make the schedule more accessible to people who live out of town. Don't automatically put them on 10 hour shifts in then make them work overtime in not give them lunches. The pay is not that great it was $10.50 an hour. To do it again I doubt I would work there again.
Pros
They gave you lunch if you had to do mandatory over time
Cons
They took your lunch away and made you work through it on mandatory over time
I felt completely overworked and way underpaid. I was told when I started that overtime would be seldom and that they may work 1 Saturday per month. After starting we were scheduled 8am-5pm Monday - Friday and we ended up staying until 7 or 8 every night and working most Saturdays. Management didn't really enforce people doing their jobs and that put more processing work on 2-3 individuals instead of the work being done evenly with the 12 team members