AIG

AIG Employee Reviews in Brentwood, TN

The benefits are awesome and the company strives for a work culture that is heavily involved with volunteerism, community as well as diversity and inclusion.
Great company to work for. Management positions provide great opportunities to show your leadership abilities and the rewards of a good job are reflected in compensation.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Industry uncertainty
AIG has decent PTO, 401K, benefits. Beyond that, it is a horrible place to work. Toxic environment, no cost of living raise, outdated technology, inept IT, constant layoffs, outsourcing everything to India.
Pros
PTO and 401K are above average
Cons
Toxic hellhole
I have nothing to say good. When you have good management you will have a good company. When management changes so often, they all come from outside, how it is normal?
wonderful company to work for!.... just did not fulfill my needs. My skill set really shined here! I helped to turn around my team to become more effective and efficient in customer service; however, what I am looking for is something that fulfills my heart's needs.... that would be teaching and counseling.
Pro: The company has an excellent PTO package, and recognizes most holidays allowing plenty time away from work. Con: The company has experienced huge random layoffs. It doesn't usually seem that corporate has a clear understanding of how the business work from the ground up.
Decent job, challenging and complex work. The higher you're able to climb the better pay scale. Nice work life balance. Lots of opportunity to volunteer
Pros
Pto
Cons
Salary
My department has very strong leadership, and advocates for its employees. Management is very accessible, and always open to new ideas. The culture is very good in my immediate department.
Working here, I will say they have really great benefits but the pay will make you not want to stay for the amount of work you are doing on the phones. You also can’t move up in the company unless you know people.
Cons
Pay
I've been here for 6 years. It's alright. Benefits are hard to beat but no raises or path to management. Lots of layoffs but I've been lucky. I guess just don't go in expecting to work your way up to CEO unless you plan on leaving the company and coming back after getting promoted somewhere else
Pros
Pto, Culture
Cons
Salary, future
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AIG?
It seemed like there was room for advancement if you could get past the call center and its bad office politics and subpar management. They wanted to interview me for the job I wanted after I left the company, how could HR not know I was no longer employed there?
Pros
PTO Time
Cons
Bad Managers
This company l lacks innovation, technology, pay raises, qualified management, ability to train properly, ability to inspire, and ability to properly quality the work produced. Morale is Horrible. They are constantly firing people. No job security, no appreciation, and add work responsibilities and expectations without adding more pay. They package looks great from the outside. Don't believe the hype. The only thing that keeps anyone there is the time off. Health insurance will leave you with thousands of dollars in medical bills. 401k does not grow fast enough. People are promoted to positions they are not qualified to perform with very little training. Training department lacks innovation and ability to train properly for any position. Systems never work properly. The IT department fixes one issue and creates ten other issues with updates. This place is ridiculous and will never keep anyone truly qualified.
Pros
Time off & Made Wonderful Friends
Cons
Everything Else
AIG has a culture that provides a great environment to work in. With new upper management changing so frequently i feel it is important that they work on relating to lower level employees in an attempt to preserve the best parts of that culture.
Pros
Benefits, work environment
Cons
upper management changes, inconsistency
AIG is a great company that can provide its people with stellar benefits. Sometimes the management seemed to be out of sorts but lots of good, smart people in the organization try hard every day to keep it running.
It's good working and enjoyed learning new technology. Got a chance to work in development for multiple projects. Team is very cooperative and supportive. Good management .
Remote worker. Opportunities to telecommute. Great management. Enjoy opportunities to collab with colleagues on more challenging work... With automated underwriting and straight through processing (STP), future is uncertain.
A typical day at AIG is answering as many phones calls as you can to help out agents and customers. The best part of the job is the people that you get to help with on a daily basis.
Pros
co works
Cons
no raises and low payment
They show appreciate for their employees. I love working here. They are very understanding and provide a great work life balance. Competitive pay and great benefits
They have the potential to be great, but nobody cares to be. They focus more on Agent satisfaction more than customer satisfaction, especially more than employee satisfaction.
Great overall place, can only make one complaint and its pay. Vacation time is the best, 401k benefits, schedule, work from home options. and the environment is good no micromanagement. Not sure if its my department but everyone get paid pretty low but the same department in Houston is a decent amount more. We are in Brentwood (Nashville), TN so the cost of living is the same or maybe Nashville is more now.
Pros
Vacation, schedule, benefits, 401K, work from home options
Cons
Pay
AIG's Premium Tax Department is a fast paced environment that allows the employees to work without being micro-managed and always welcomed new ideas. Being a part of this environment allowed me to learn how to process both corporate and premium tax returns, premium tax payments, guaranty payments, municipal payments and much more.
Pros
Comfortable work environment, great benefits package