AIG

AIG Employee Reviews in Camden, NJ

Busy company with a lot of contract workers and full time employees. Was extremely busy when school insurance policies were being renewed. A lot of internal and external communication. Most days were well balanced. Was a nice area to work with security to and from building. Near a lot of external outside events.
Pros
Security all hours
Cons
I thoroughly enjoyed my tenure at AIG. I started as a claims analyst/customer service rep and worked my way up to supervisor, manager, Director of Quality, and finally, Director of Claims Operations. If you are dedicated, hard-working, open to change, and continued learning, there are definitely options to move up in the company. There was a lot of flexibility and options for remote work. Management was always available to all employees. The only reason I left was because of a restructure within the company and my department was dissolved.
Pros
Flexibility with hours, remote options, room for growth.
Cons
Depending on position and the time of the year, hours could be long.
Great manager at my office and good job. Good location near my home and trained on new data base there. Wished it could last but it was a temporary sssignment.
Pros
Breaks and stress-free work place.
Cons
Just wanted to get hired permanent!
Good place to work. I was laid off 2015. Need enough time for training. Some Supervisor I feel Manager time understand the Products. Most of all good working environment.
Pros
Good work place
Cons
short breaks
Thought I would retire from AIG. Great place to work! Didn't anticipate being outsourced and laid off at my age. I really thought I would have been an asset to another position in the AIG family.
Management was good Good place to work Excellent vacation time Pay rate below average Quiet work environment Good flexible time schedule Benefits were average
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
No availability to advance
Management absolutely clueless. Claims were never paid on time, if at all. Once it was known office would be closing due to downsizing, nothing got done. Everything stopped. Implementation of new system just weeks before office closed did not help matters. Claim payments were held back and duplicate EOB's sent out due to bugs in new computer system. Would not recommend you work here.
Pros
Pay was competative
Cons
high stress environment, clueless management
Was a true pleasure working for the company Wonderful team players Opportunity for growth Provided up to date information about the company and changes
Pros
Possibility for advancement
Cons
N/a
Family oriented, professional. Easy to approach management, continuous training, room for advancement. Company cared about their employees and the business they provided.
Pros
work parties
Cons
long commute
A typical day is coming in and getting to work, if I have any questions I can always ask a co-worker. This company has great benefits and is very informative about it. You are encouraged to advance yourself with online course that the AIG provides on their site.
Great company and I have acquired lots of claims experience with working for AIG. Management is excellent; training is always direct and you actually learn new things when going through training.
I handled all insurance licensing issues on behalf of the third party administrator along with the day-to-day operations with regards to working with the management team and employees. I also worked closely with building management, security staff and janitorial staff to process any requests and/or complaints and followed up to make sure all requests were handled in a timely manner. I liked the fast pace of the office and learned to make decisions on my own that would be in the best interest of the company.
AIG is a fast pace, productive environment. Enjoyed the flexible schedule. My typical day consisted of managing a team of 15 employees which included monitoring production, payroll, PTO approvals. Developed Team and Individual Team member’s goals. Conducted Claims Training and Orientations for Team Members. Responsible for Daily Production including distribution of claims inventory. Processed Medical, Dental and Flexible Spending Claims for our Self Funded Employer Group Business. Was responsible for the management of Reinsurance Claims. Processed High Dollar Claims for the Higher Education Accident & Sickness business line. Served as the Client Liaison for several large University accounts.
The first year I was promoted to data entry I manually enrolled. Students that had injuries pertaining school.After the first year of new job we went paper less. I had to learn my job all over again.It was nice not to have deal with papers anymore but it was still alot to learn all over again.I enjoyed working with all my coworkers.All the managers were very fair people to work with.
Pros
Nice working enviorment
Cons
Location of office
it was a very busy day. I learned more about computer and different machines. it was nice working with my co-workers. after working at maksin / aig for 13 years I had a lot friends that care for me.