AIG

AIG Employee Reviews in Greensboro, NC

No consistency in requirements of leaders. A lot of collaboration without action. Little to no direct line of ownership or culpability for responsibility(ies).
Pros
Fabulous benefits & training opportunites.
Cons
Leadership
Very employee focused, good benefits, competitive salary, innovation company looking for new ideas, flexible hours, nice renovated bright building, parking is a nice perk
Poor management and no tolerance for explaining duties or expectations to subordinates. Feared for your job from day to day and it was threatened every day....................................................................................................
I enjoyed working for AIG ! Great coworkers , history , benifits , work life balance was amazing . My coworkers were great . One thing I miss are the people !
I frequently interacted with all levels of business in my work. At any time we were interfacing with the highest levels to the operational departments in our software development work.
Pros
I liked having a regular schedule to count on
Cons
At times, unrealistic expectations were set due to Bonus opportunities for leadership.
I did not work at AIG. It was the company that bought my business in 2005. They were great to work with in the transfer of ownership. That is all I know about them
I previously wrote my review about the company as I only changed positions with the same company, for more advancement and exposure to the inter-workings of the company to expand my career opportunities.
Pros
learing the various departments
Cons
Difficult customers
If you enjoy a fast paced work environment this job is for you. Great pay rate, great benefits, great hours and bonuses AIG is just fantastic all the way around if your up for the challenge!
Pros
Great benefits, hours, pay rate / pleasant work enviornment
Cons
Stressful
Review claims based on original underwriting approval. Review for any misrep. All about mortgage insurance Management is very educated and knowledgeable The culture was great, a very diverse group, and the company encourages that. Not knowing if you were still going to have a job Working with co-workers on various scenarios throughout the day
Pros
Wonderful people/great team work
Cons
being purchased by another company/ARCH
Management was horrible in the second floor department, it was completely unorganized. The managers would be upset if you weren't into gossiping with them.
Enjoyable place to work. The compensation, bonuses, and benefits were the best I've ever had. While a large cumbersome ship to turn at times they were always looking for better ways to run the operation. Benmosche and Hancock have done a great job over the last 5 years reshaping the company to be rock solid. I would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Benefits, compensation
Cons
cumbersome size
Great vacation and time off schedule, Great location, nice building. Great parking. Many places to have lunch and great working hours.
Employees are more serious and responsible, good team work, work performance is obvious. For interns, there is a big harvest.
UGC is a subsidiary of AIG. The company is production-driven but lacks a defined office culture. Working in Treasury was dissatisfying. There were some busy days, which was welcomed; however, there were many days where work was not readily available.
Management sucks, but job is good and benefits are excellent. Paid time off is great, benefits and PTO start day 1.
Many procedures, policies and routines. No one tells you about all the restrictions and requirements to go through until you violate a sanction, and then they really climb on you. Wedded to hiring only H1b visas from India, anyone else gets a limited contract. Many overtime hours they will not pay you for.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Extreme high pressure, burocracy, and overtime with no compensation.
Each day begin with checking my emails about questions concerning any accounts that were found to be fraudulent. My co-workers were fun and easy to get along with. I made for a positive and rewarding experience. Overall the job was not mentally challenging and the most enjoyable part was getting to know my co-workers.
Pros
The job was in my home town.
Cons
I was a contract employee and eventually laid off
I worked here for a little under a year, an truly enjoyed my time while I was there. The department I worked in management was wonderful an very helpful. If I didn't have to relocate I would more then likely still be employed there.
I learned if we work hard at any time we will be rewarded. All my co-workers are very helpful and fun work place with supportive management.
Great place to grow knowledge base in mortgage insurance and the mortgage industry in general. Excellent benefit package with a 37.5 hour work week. Some excellent managers who want to see their teams grow career.
I did not wish to write this review at this time but this app is not allowing me to bypass. I work as a collector which the type of work I'm doing now I had no intention of doing. We're collecting in an economy that is still recovering and it's definitely difficult when people are out of work.
Pros
Vacation time and some company perks
Cons
No pay raise, no room for advancement, non-realistic production goals