AIG

AIG Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Left when Manager cared more about money than the customer's retirement. Besides that, I loved most the people that I worked with.As for the commission schedule, outside sales were fair and great but limited based on your territory. Internal sales was all over the place.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Numbers driven but nice place to work ongoing training and the company seems to care about employees. I love working from home right now it’s a new experience for me and the company
It is a good work environment. Coworkers are great. Management is very professional. Work hours are very good and benefits are as well. I would recommend this company very highly
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Sometime longer work hours
ManagementIn general, managers at AIG are not able to effectively manage. They may have degrees but have no idea what they're doing. If you're a minority, you'll have a much better chance at being promoted.
People are helpful in general. The work contents mostly depend on different groups and teams. There are many opportunities to learn in an entry-level position.
I worked at the Call Center for 15 1/2 years. I got a automated letter today saying they choose someone with more experience. I don’t understand and think a more personal response.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Always trying to get AHT down and not so much once and done.
benefits are good that's all.I can get paid vacation easily manneger encourage us to use PTOsalary may not increase every yearBonus is low. using Japanese every day, so need to be natives level (bussiness level)
Working for AIG was like a roller coaster. You ride to the top and they hold you up on the top to see how long you can take it. It's who you know not what you know.
Pros
Short work days when there is a holiday.
Cons
You will be set up for the kill.
My entore career at AIG, 13 years, there was never stability. I dogged at least 27 reduction in force efforts.....Management changes occur and there are constant expenditure reductions.
Pros
Remote
Cons
Diversity in leadership positions
Company is very open to worker needs and growth. Despite the fact that department closures are normal there is always a possibility to for a call back for rehire should department be reassessed and brought back.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AIG?
Non-structured. The most enjoyable part of the work was free flowing and independent work. The organization is vast. There is plenty of work. The downside is there is no management support and no team support.
I worked for AIG for Five great years. There were no shortages of learning opportunities. In my opinion, the best benefit is working from home, in my case, for the past four years. The key here is to earn your managers and the team trust and be proactive and productive as much as possible. Healthcare benefits are standard; most people start with three weeks of PTO. I would go back to AIG anytime!
Pros
Flexible work schedule, great PTO
Cons
Good to explore technology and working at AIG is fun and no stress. It made myself to do more work with supporting team. I would recommend freshers who are willing to learn more show their talent at AIG
AIG technology division was aligned with business units to support and drive business continuity. Management was readily available to help if needed and there was a good sense of teamwork for all of the teams I worked with.
I enjoy the environment of Supervisors and coworkers and The Learning Experience of being a security officer learning different parts of the company how to search cars make sure they're not bombs how to make sure the building is secure
This company does not follow their own ethical guidelines. Some people have been working here for decades and my salary is higher than theirs. You will be in the same position and/or salary for 13 years or more even if you apply for a higher position. Don't fall for the shenanigans.
Very Safe and Understanding Management Reliable Co-Workers Productive team Knowledgeable clients Neat work place Supportive Team leads Planning needs to be more effective.
Company concerned about the well being of its employees and associates. AIG is very concerned about giving it's customers top notch service. Company adapted itself well to the COVID-19 crisis.
Worked for this company for over 15 years. Started off great until 911. I disrespected and toured for 6 years until I was forced out the door, signed papers to not reveal the reasoning of the Many losses of AIG financially.
This company is super professional you work with tons of people who want to see you grow and if given the opportunity I would return working for this company
Fraternity type atmosphere. Only able to move into higher paying positions if you were in good with upper management. Your work ethic and abilities didn't matter much.