AIG

AIG Employee Reviews in Jeffersonville, IN

I pretty satisfied with AIG; however there was only one adequate supervisor, that I had the pleasure of working with. He was very knowledgeable; whereas most were not. When I first started working there I had to be my own supervisor, even though a supervisor was present for half of the shift. Also I had to handle my own escalations. I was very disappointed with the way the company responded at times that I needed them to be there for me.
Pros
Steady employment
Cons
Supervisors were not properly prepared for the position.
I have been working for AIG since August 30th, 2020 - two months so far! I was trained virtually and I work from home. I really appreciate the flexibility the company has given me, espcially with a husband who has cancer and cannot be exposed to covid. Also, my team has been great. My team leads are always there to help answer questions and my manager, though probably somewhat overwhelmed with the new hire questions and high volume calls, does his absolute best to support my success. I feel like there will be opportunities for growth and upward movement, although time will tell. I really enjoy problem solving and helping my customers get their issues resolved. The job is challenging but also fulfilling, and I am learning a ton about this kind of business. Even though I work from home, it's easy to tell that everyone is a team player and we care about one another. As with any company, there are a few challenges. The first challenge is that there is a ton of knowledge that I still need and would love to get some extra training in sometime. I believe the trainers did their best, but I just need some more information. There is so much I don't know! As a customer service rep, I really have to go above and beyond to get the answers that customers need - this involves pushing the service providers to get me information I need, along with utilizing all methods of communication and having great and honest follow up with customers. That can be hard to do when there is heavy call volume. If there is anything I would change, it would be having my first hour every shift as a "call back" - more...
Pros
Flexibility, Wfh, Benefits, Pto, Great Manager, Great Team Leads, Support
Cons
Angry Customers, Feeling like I need more training/knowledge.
Enjoyed my entire time there, great people, wonderful management. Would return in a heartbeat if I had the chance. Was given a letter of recommendation when I left as well.
Has good work life balance and good compensation benefits. Management is good. Plenty of room to grow. Work environment is pretty good and friendly. Yearly raises.
AIG was a great company. I regret leaving them but life happens. The culture was good, the work life balance and bunch of promotions within, and they have started the work from home for the Covid.
Been there almost 6 years now and looking forward to retiring from there in another 16 years or so. AIG is the best company I've ever worked for. With offices all over the globe, an employee has multiple opportunities to travel and experience new cultures if they wish.
It's a call center.. company culture is good.. it can be a fun place to work.. they get into holidays and have contests and games amongst teams.. co workers are cool.. overtime is usually available.. very high call volume, very fast paced, very upset customers lol.. as long as you're used to working escalated calls you'll be fine. It's a warranty company.. so all the calls are from people who had something go wrong.. broke their phone.. refrigerator stopped working.. washer is leaking water.. it will never be a happy customer on the other end of the phone haha but it can be fulfilling helping people who are in a tough spot.. so if you have the right mindset it might work for you. They don't pay amazing but they've got better since I worked there. I think I made $9.50/h back in 2016 and they raised it to $11/h after I left. You get paid more working in other departments..
How far you can go is entirely based on you and how you present yourself. You have nothing but opportunities to grow within this company but obviously if you call into work all the time that person who shows up everyday is going to get a lead on you. Love this job. It's a great work family, probably the best I've ever had.
Was not very informative regarding job duties. A lot of drama between employees. Not fair, required extra work without extra pay. Could of been such a great job.
Stressful phone calls from angry customers. Management that has no knowledge or care on how to make things better for employees. The only good aspect is the benefits are great.
Good co workers but really fast pace work environment. There is good mixture of technology stack right from VB6 to Web API's. Plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Pros
Good Benefits and compensation
Cons
RIF's have been common since last two years.
Great culture that allows shorts and sandals during the summer. Friendly management team that is always available. Work is awful. Bottle necks at IT, company is in constant state of project management because infrastructure is so outdated and centered around manual processes (which leads to human error). Company has experienced a lot of brain drain over the years, and there needs to be an overhaul of internal systems. Senior management has all left within the last year to competing companies including the founder. Pretty bad sign
Great benefits and they have open opportunities for you to grow. Management just needs a lot of work. It often upset some of the representatives because they felt we liked or didn't provide the best help to our customers, unfortunately that was the company policy. Overall the job was a good start in call center customer service.
If you know mid-level to executive level employees this is the place for you. You're guaranteed a great job because many interview and hire their friends and family. There are a plethora of employees who work hard every day, lead teams though they're not official managers or team leads and are often told they're not good enough for better positions. However, they're responsible to train those in the new, better paying roles. This organization promotes the same people over and over. It's a dead end job. You don't get raises. AIG will not invest in you. The annual bonus sucks because it's taxed at a high amount. No opportunity for growth. High turn over rate. Organization loves to lay off; then, get new clients. This means a high stress environment for team members. Managers and other leaders don't help with the massive work load.
You start out with 2 weeks of training, and jump right into the job. There are opportunities to learn more, and get raises. It is an inbound call center. There is not a lot of calls that are escalated because most people are calling to ask for help. The staff is great, and the office has a good atmosphere.
Job was just starting in warranty. Low knowledge of job information from bosses. Kinda learned as I went with no guidance from management. Went to management with a problem and the problem became worse than it was. No communication.
Smaller company purchased by larger. Smaller company was dysfunctional but had a lot of dedicated employees. Systems were outdated but have been updated since then.
The system was not user friendly, which I could have worked with if the training staff could have compensated somewhat. You found yourself running around in circles due to the program not following the path directed. The employee's who had been there long enough to train could not incorporate how to move the system along. Lots of wasted time and angry customers. Definitely in need of instrument testing.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Breaks were too short
I freaking loved working at AIG. Great managers, co-workers, everyone is super nice. They have different types of contest and things to get you involved.
typical work day is inbound calls at a fast setting pace locating customer accounts, and warranties for product services they purchase. we are a third party who assist with having contractors come out to fix appliances, tv and any other services they have warranties on.
The work was stressful and the co-workers did not really get reprimanded for being rude to each other. The management is wonderful besides that, they're understanding and always pushing you to be a better you. The hardest part of the job is the constant screaming customers, but you will get that being a Supervisor anywhere. I enjoyed helping my customers the most. I was able to be the person who followed the claims all the way through and assisted them until they were able to be fully satisfied.
  1. Jeffersonville, IN