AIG

AIG Employee Reviews in Jersey City, NJ

Workload dwindled once cost cutting was the main focus. Jobs were being sent overseas and projects were being cancelled. Good work-life balance for the most part...
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Great place to work. I was a bit concerned when starting at AIG given its overall size. But, I found that in the Investments group in particular, it felt more like a smaller entity within the larger org.
Pros
Good exposure to multiple areas
Cons
May be too big
The company is working toward build a next generation standard for insurance and this provides lot of new opportunities to rebuild solutions . It a great time to be part of the company
Worked well with my team, and learned a lot with the company. Job Location was also very good I have gained a lot of experience and skills whil working with AIG.
Very detail oriented. Highly educated with both a Masters Degree and a Law Degree. Member of the NY Bar.. Many years of experience in both risk management and insurance.
Revolving new management every year led to: - 2-3 reorgs per yr - constantly have to re-prove your value - >65 hrs/wk - you still can't sleep at night if you try taking more than a few days vacation After >15yrs, this translates into a career killer.
I had opportunity to participate in major db. migration of 1000's of db's to new platform. it's a tolerant place where one have chance to learn and work with minimal pressure.
Aig is a good company to work. Allowed to work remotely at least 3 days in a week. Benefits were great like 401 K with medical & Dental insurance. The hardest part of the job was to travel to New Jersey with 3 trains to change The most enjoyable part was to work from home
Pros
Good 1 hr lunch time
Cons
no short breaks
An environment that facilitated productivity and competitiveness. Also allowed for independent time and project management with healthy benefits and pension.
Pros
Worklife Balace
Good company with compwetitive compensation and benefits.TRavelled nationally and interfaced with international peers.Abble to work remotelyand interfaced with all levels of management.
I've worked with very nice people, although the management was very uneducated and very unprofessional. For example - company hired an ex Sony salesperson to be an IT manager.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Unprofessional management
AIG is a good company for employees. It has its structure. Every team has its own culture. It offers good benefits for empoyees. I would recommend working at AIG.
Management has changed continuously and constant change has resulted in a terrible morale and uncertainty. Who you know is the most and perhaps the only criteria for survival and growth.
Pros
I hear that many employees get paid attractive salaries.
Cons
Uncertainity
My typical day at work consist me getting breakfast before I went to my cubical. My work would be sent through emails for me to complete. I'll eat my breakfast while surfing the internet for 20 minutes then start my work load. I loved it!
9 to 5 handling the day to day task related to jira and alm. i have learned lot about how the upper managements day to day task along with when it come to purchasing new tools.
The company tries to run with the herd, it tries to get the latest technology and devices to use. There are many layers of management. It takes a while before it acts on certain issues.
Great place to work. Very professional and great training. I rank this place highly. This place is a great company to work for if you are seeking counseling career.
It used to challenging some times. I had learned a lot especially with Automation tool. Whole team was very helpful. we used to go for a walk quiet often.
Had a good experience, learned a lot and moved up the corporate ladder with good mentorship along the way. The company would benefit from a better workplace culture.
I learned a lot, but moved on secondary to lack of advancement. Great co-workers and team work. Again, a great place to start a career. Convoluted bonus system.
fast pace and always changing i spend 24 years in AIG and got a lot of upward movement from entry level QA position to Global Release Manager. one of the downsides of AIG was the ever changing management which sometimes delayed completion of tasks