AIG

AIG Employee Reviews in Olathe, KS

My run at AIG was good while it lasted. It ended abruptly without much warning, and without the normal procedures being followed, so it was a shock. That's all I want to say, so I would appreciate not being asked to expand upon this response.
Pros
Paid on time and well
Cons
Work unevenly distributed among employees
I worked at AIG electronically filing 600 scanned documents each day. My coworkers and supervisors were very supportive. We decorated desks for birthdays and had a nice lunch room. We also got to listen to music with headphones while we worked. Unfortunately, most of the work got sent overseas and our area was downsized.
Pros
Nice building, good pay and nice people
Cons
I worked at AIG for three years and loved my job for most of the time I was there (I left due to burnout and personal reasons). The people I worked with on a daily basis were wonderful and supportive. My boss and their boss were both great to work with. I felt appreciated for the work I did and the efforts I made. I met many wonderful people and this AIG office is genuinely committed to having a diverse workforce. My only two complaints about working at AIG have to do with the company itself: There were regular layoffs and very, very few opportunities for advancement. In the time I was there about 50 people from my department left or were laid off. Only about 3 of them advanced (or transferred positions) within the company itself. The Olathe location is a hub for much of the office work related to AIG's American business (it is an international company). It is much cheaper for a company to employ workers in the Midwest do this sort of business support work than it is to pay folks in high-cost areas like New York. Unfortunately, the cost benefit of hiring workers in the Midwest is steadily losing ground to even cheaper overseas outsourcing. This was very much a reality in my daily work--seeing my department and others lose employees and not back fill those positions (or, occasionally, for those positions to be transferred overseas). Often my job duties involved training or facilitating the transfer of formerly-local work to those overseas offices. In summary, AIG is a great place to work if you are looking for • Pleasant office environment and culture • Diversity in - more...
Started in an entry level position as a Document Processor. I learned a lot in that position and became knowledgeable of several other processes. Shortly became Team Lead for two processes before continuing on to Quality Assurance.
I believe they are under new management and thank goodness. When I was with this company I gave my all, however it was not appreciated because everyone was in competition with one another. The department I worked in knew that I was over qualified for that position, however I thought "If I pay my dues they would respect that" but that was not the case. No one in this company except for the CEO wanted to see me thrive and this is why I feel I was undermined. Others knew he saw my potential, which was not good for them.
Co workers and management were fine, but the constant concern over layoffs and the pathetic pay scale, no vertical movement opportunity...little chance for lateral movement for that matter. Lack of pay increases and expensive benefits made it hard to stay.
The work I did was very interesting. I was trained on several different jobs. You got to work from home two days a week. The management is not supportive. They would tell you one thing and do another. There was no encouragement for promotions.
I would go back if there were a position I would want. Not always much job security but I enjoyed the work and coworkers. Once they find out you're a good worker, they keep adding more and more responsibilities but with no additional pay. But, I was able to work from home most of the time which I really liked!
The hardest part of the job is limited amount of training for a specific job function; it was usually an hour or two of training. Chosen favorite team members given the opportunity to train in other areas.
Pros
Able to start work at 7AM and can work from home 2 days, which was nice after a long long wwekend off.
Cons
not a whole lot of job advancement.
Good benefits, work from home opportunities. Career opportunities were limited. 401k contribution was better than anywhere else I’ve worked. Compensation was sub-par.
Good thing was working at home. Job wasn’t too bad Hideous management Outsourcing Lots of layoffs Probably won’t be around much longer Never get raises or any extra compensation
You work more then the pay is worth. They have a lot of lay off going on and work being sent to Manila. Some managers play favorites and other are fair across the board.
AIG used to be a great company to work for in the beginning. When the Vice President's position began to have a high turnover rate. I believe the focus on what was best for the company & employee's got lost by personal vision.
Pros of AIG - great PTO allotment and medical benefits very good - Cons of AIG - lack of merit based annual raises had awesome annual reviews got nothing for them - and also AIG failed to recognize my talents what a waste only after they RIF'd many departments did they come calling for on me to pick up where others had been let go
Pros
excellent PTO Medical Benefits Work From Home program
Cons
lack of gorwth both financially and promotions - did not utilize my talents
If your looking for a fast-paced environment to gain valuable experience, AIG is a great place. Work/Life balance is a bit unbalanced due to the high stress and pressure to achieve results.
no job security. would like to leave...not sure how secure the future is at this company. typical day is busy and productive. learned to have confidence in myself. Also learned to leverage relatiohships.
it is a place of work, that allow a lot of days off, the best part of the job is being able to listen to must. they do provide free bags of fresh popped popcorn. well hope this is what you wanted to know
Working in mail room was cool environment. Daily mail coming in some days mail comes in slow and might have go home early. My manager was a pest. No raises for 2 years.
Pros
Bi-Weekly Pay
Cons
No raise
I work in a paperless environment and I am able to work from home 2 days per week. I learned about the claim handling process. I learned to work in a team environment or by myself. Management is good to work with. The workplace culture is positive. At times it can be hard to process all of the work that comes in on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of workday is working with my Manager and co-workers to get the job done in a time fashion.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
AIG lays off so much that everyday people come to work with the thought, I wonder if today is the day. The managers are bullies and very disrespectful. They are not supportive of their team and request you do no talk to a member of the team on which they do not care for.
Pros
work from home sometimes
Cons
no support from Managers -rude and disrespectful
RUN dont walk away from this company, they have MASSIVE layofffs with little warning. Severance packages are good but that's the ONLY positive with this company
Pros
Can work from home
Cons
Grossly under pay employees, will lay off employees with ZERO notice most times