AIG

AIG Employee Reviews in Orange, CA

Not much support from management, great opportunity for experienced ad visors, lots of commuting to appointments, great technology, company provided work phone and computer.
Very poor management carrot and stick approach to managing advisors, poor compensation. Lack of opportunities for advancement. The district manager needs to retire and let someone who really knows how to grow a team take over. Bad job choice.
Pros
Setting own schedule
Cons
Everything else
I loved this job and really learned a lot worked with a great group of people in Marketing working with all the Financial Advisors and Regional Managers handling conferences and trade shows and other events held by advisors (ie: lunch and learn, etc.). Responsible for all promotional items, literature, check requests and convention center space for events. I prepared group reviews for hospitals, schools and other institutions that had their plans with AIG. These would range in 10 -20 books ranging from 50-100+pages. I would bind them and get them to the advisor by FEDEX. This position was remote because we worked for the Northwest Region which consists of many cities as well as OC and San Diego.
Pros
Loved the life work balance and the people I worked with
Cons
The feds took over and I lost my job