AIG

AIG Employee Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

AIG provide a good initial starting point for gaining experience within the insurance industry. Overall the company was slow to change and adapt so it can be used as a good starting point for next steps within the market.
Best company ever worked for with management co workers best support in learning. Advancement in different division encouraged training at the top, excellent benefits, pto, hours just a perfect balance.
Not a lot of positives about this company right now. Lots of lay offs, no clear communication to the field on the direction of the company. Executives are getting huge salaries, while the worker bees scrap by. The work culture is very stressful and pretty toxic right now. I would not recommend working for this company.
I learned everything I know about insurance at this company, I started there as a trainee. I had an excellent manager. Unfortunately our PIP unit was closed and I had to relocate.
Pros
many
Cons
few
While working at AIG, I was able to hone in on my customer service skill set while adapting a consultative approach to education customers in a friendly professional way
Pros
sales opportunities were abundant
Due to the competition in insurance industry, Most jobs are being outsourced to lower paying states. The company would place you in position with minimal training, and inexperienced underwriters. Even though it is your job as an underwriting assistance to assist the underwriters, In most cases you end up doing majority or the work, and get very little recognition for the job you do behind the scenes.
Pros
stocks vacations benefits
Cons
micro management
It was a great place to start a career. I learned a lot and very quickly, as the culture is that of survival of the fittest. The hours became overwhelming as I moved into a management role, but the work was enjoyable.
Pros
Job Security, Company Strength, Opportunity to learn
Cons
Work/life balance
Normal hours. High turnover due to nature of business. Pay didn't match work. Solid job for someone looking for good benefits. Culture was fine, just high turnover.
Very nice insurance company to work for. It has a lot to offer employees, and also allows you to learn more in regards to how they operate.
Overall, I enjoyed my 10 years with AIG. AIG chose to exit the Employer and Voluntary Group Benefits business and in doing so allowed them to align more closely with the company's organizational goals and vision. As part of this strategic reorganization, my position as an Account Service Rep, along with hundreds of others, no longer fit in with the new direction AIG is currently undertaking.
Pros
Great managment and co workers
Cons
Constantly undergoing changes
My experience working for AIG has been a postive one. The experience that I have gained working there has advanced my career and has helped me achieve my overall goals.
Pros
International Exposure
Cons
International Exposure
Great job. nice place to work good people to work around. work not to bad. Good benefit.Could be long term job retierment job.
Pros
great lunch room
Cons
work stations to close
They cared about no one. If you were late they docked your pay by an hour.
Very good company, co-works are excellent within their fields.
Training Specialist in a fortune 500 finance company. Experienced in human resource management and benefits development. During my time at AIG, I was able to increase productivity in the benefits customer service division through mentoring new employees. For example, I designed a mentor program for the training division to help retain new employees while building collaboration among tenure employees.
A typical day at work included reviewing previous day's productivity and adjusting daily and monthly goals accordingly. Reviewing live and recorded calls of staff was a daily task followed by one on one sessions with staff as needed.I learned conflict resolution as well as how to build an agenda for weekly and monthly meetings which I held. There isn't enough room in this field to list all of the things that I learned while employed at AIG.Management set high standards for the staff to meet which is essential in a goal oriented work environment.Co-workers were team players in every sense of the phrase.The hardest part of the job was selecting qualified candidates for open positions.One of the most enjoyable parts of the job was free breakfast or lunch on casual Friday's.
Pros
all benefits began on the first day of work for full-time employees.
Very easy job, clients and coworkers were very easy to get along with.
Pros
located downtown in philadelphia
Cons
n/a
I was a medial claims examiner. Where I processed 150 claims for my unit.
Pros
i love data entry
Cons
the travel time to and from work
  1. Philadelphia, PA