AIG

AIG Employee Reviews in Phoenix, AZ

As a claims manager, I was paid well and enjoyed my job. Unfortunately the continued downsizing led to me being laid off October 2019. Unless they learn how to write new business the company will not be in the insurance business for long.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
It's a sinking ship.
AIG was at great place to learn about Workers compensation, and how I could assist people with their needs. It was also a good working environment to work with my peers in.
bad place to work, had no work for me on a daily basis then software I was working on was never up - licenses had expired and no one was in charge tob
Totally overloaded as whenever somebody left, they assigned his or her work to other underwriters. Usually they raised salary about $1000 per year! Bonuses were also minimal.
All depends on who you are being managed by. I started off with a great supervisor and ended with a not so great supervisor. There is no place for movement in certain divisions of AIG.
AIG is a goo d company to work for. The work environment is friendly and collaborative. The compensation was fair and there always seemed to be room for professional growth.
I worked 80 hour weeks for these guys and when bonus time came around, if you're not part of the "good ol boys" network back east, you'll get a big goose egg.
Pros
Good medical benefits
Cons
Worst work-life balance and politics ever
This job was a typical call center position. I learned patience as each sale counted for monthly bonuses. Non-stop talking on the phone turned out to be not my 'cup of tea'. My daily commute to the west suburbs also became the biggest negative for me.
Pros
entry into auto ins. sales
Cons
commute, less potential than advertised.
Unfortunately while i worked at AIG the Senior Managers were involved in the Ponzi scheme and I have recently received a $76 check for restitution being a former employee. I hope they have changed their ways.
Pros
stability
Cons
no comment
First Notice of Loss (FNOL) was one of the best times I had working at an insurance company, my supervisor was grooming me to be a supervisor until 21st Century bought out AIG and closed the program.
Pros
east going
Cons
program closed down.
Management always had an open door policy for all employees. AIG offered free online classes to further your job skills, tuition reimbursement and paid licensing of employees that desired to move positions. The Underwriting staff was amazing and always helped the CSR by way of explaining decisions.
Pros
Great staff, generous PTO, good benefits
Cons
Posistion was moved overseas
If the market had not crashed forcing AIG to go under in 2008, I would probably still be there. great management and countless opportunities. There is a reason why AIG is back on top.
Lots of good reasons to work here. Great people, good environment. Easy to get to by public transportation. Lots of good quality years spent here. Hard to move on but sometimes you just have to...
Nice place to work for but not having long term projects. rest all is fine and we get our own space to express the views and thoughts while working here . I will rate 3.
Worked in a back office support capacity, never felt welcomed, no culture to embrace. extremely high pressure environment, little to no support from management.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Tasks given required concentration and focus to details. The environment is a relaxing and pleasant one to perform within. Management has an open door policy. An overall great company to work with.
Pros
great benefits, excellent opportunities for promotion
Cons
the office I worked in closed
Typical large company. Work defined by project managers who was located in a different location whose customers were also located in a different location. I was a contractor working under a 6 month contract as was the go to guy for any issues. Was actually called the afternoon my contract was terminated.
This was a fun place to work. I worked in the customer service environment responsible for in-bound calls from customers in an accident. This position, department, was eliminated.
Pros
Great lunch room
Cons
Position eliminated
Wonderful place to work with good people and a positive atmosphere. AIG just sold their Call Center wing to Advisor Group and so far all is well.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
The atmosphere was professional, and had quality products for clients to choose from. The staff was helpful, knowledgeable and always were present to assist the representative.
Pros
Great location, beautiful building, insdie and out. Nice working enviorment
Cons
Small work spaces and no flexibility to adjust shifts, breaks etc.
efficient co workers, job duties challenging without being overly stressful. Locations is close to light rail stop & bus line. there are many restaurants in the area which makes the lunch hour manageable