AIG

AIG Employee Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Solid company with an everchanging environment. If you are not up for change, then do not apply. If you can roll with the punches then you will thrive.
I loved most of the crew that I worked with. My direct manager and the lead attorney were get to to work with. Some of the attorneys were very hard to work for. I once needed a new printer to increase my production and it was dis approved because my printer was not broken. It was old, slow, cutting acrossy ability to service my atorneys swiftly. This type of thing was upsetting. Overall the benifits were great but the salary was not great. I learned alot from everyone there.
Pros
Good benefits, the people you work with, the training.
Cons
Salary not meeting the cost of living, the lack of incent ves as a regular employee, no bonuses
• Accountable for the divisional profit and loss for all lines of coverage including general liability, auto liability, workers’ compensation, and various professional liability programs. • Responsible for the evaluation of all underlying forms and memorandums of coverage for various reinsurance/excess products. • Accountable for the management and
overall good. they are trying a modern workplace culture with open floor plan. everyone is kind and wants to help you. stressful work with good people
Typical day at work consisted of assisting adjusters with their daily tasks. Coming into this industry with no workers' compensation overseas background, I've learned many things which included, handling medical compensations to our customers, accounting, providing quality customer service to our customers regarding their medical compensations and handling reports. Management was good, but room for improvement.The workplace culture was fast-paced and had a family atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was working hard to meet deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside great people.
Pros
benefits and company perks were great
Cons
nothing bad about AIG
I enjoyed the camaraderie of my worker friends and liked the Company's incentive in giving awards and certificates for their "Employee of The Month" which I luckily was one of them.
Good place to work. Enjoyed working in the HR dept. Management and President is nice. I haven't worked there in awhile so not sure how it is to work there now.
I was the assistant to one of the CEO's. He actually had 2 and we split the work load. Under him I learned how to work hard (not that I didn't know how to prior to him) and balance life and family. The culture was so diverse. The work itself was easily mastered making room for new challenges.
Every day includes interesting work and routine work. Interesting work includes understanding business opportunities and how we can apply technology to create real business value. Focusing on a few things that make a difference has worked well in moving things forward. The biggest challenge is getting buy-in from all the stake holders which requires creating relationships and explaining business value in non-IT terms. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your hard work pay off and doing something that makes a difference.
Pros
Good benefit package, global company, leader in their field
Had 15 managers in 21 years; 6 in the last 3 years. The unsettled environment affected everyone's morale and I had to constantly train new managers on my team's responsibilities in order to obtain the support needed to effect the results we were seeking.
Benefits
Cons
Constant reorganizations adversely impacted results and opportunities
The culture is all about cutting out expenses and doing more with less. The work life balance is way out of balance. No annual reviews of compensation, which they did not talk about in the interview process. Bottom line - buyer beware - get the salary you want and know who your leader will be.
review of bills before payment issued. production was 80 bills a day I did well over 100. with 99% accuracy. challenging was keeping and maintain this production with phone calls
Generally, it is a well-managed organization with high standards for employees and it does provide areas for growth. My tenure ended due to workforce reductions nation-wide.
The short version is that if you fall within the parameters of the AIG culture box, life is good and straight forward. If not, expect challenges every step of the way.
I work with a great team with smart, collaborative people. We grew closer and worked harder together because we managed to get through the tough days of activist investors pressuring the firm. The executives were not supportive, however. All focus was on extreme cost reduction. The uncertainty caused adversely affected morale
Pros
Work life balance, reasonable benefits
Cons
No room for advancement, uncertainty created by senior executives
Benefits were great matching 401k, pension plan OK salary. No long term salary incentives. The company is very fragmented so you may know very few people in your office.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long hours, not much culture
It was a great company to work for 10 years. Learnt a lot & made some great friends along the way. Sorry to see changes made that resulted in my layoff & many others as well.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Too many reorganizations
In my role as the Regional HR Specialist I partnered with a great management team and employee base. The environment was fast-paced with a lot of change and opportunities for growth and development. One of the hardest part of my job was trying to determine what to plan for a social activity, which was also the most enjoyable part of the job!
Pros
Excellent benefit programs and work/life balance.
Cons
Not enough hours in the day.
Learn processes of various departments People were friendly
Pros
promote from within
Cons
money management
I assisted a good amount of project managers in this department. I learned about ordering parts and mailing them out. How to fill a parts order if needed by a technician on a job site and if in our warehouse. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning to use Autocad. I would sometimes be asked to revised asbuilts or blueprints from some of the techs or engineers. Only minor revisisions. This didn't last very long and I was laid off as well.
As a UT in the this department, I learned how to use a lot of the programs needed for my transition into Construction. My coworkers and my manager were all very young and fun. We got along great and participated in alot of activities for work and outside of work. I wasn't as busy as I would have liked to have been or they didn't have enough work for me to do, so i was laid off from this department.
  1. San Francisco, CA