AIG

AIG Employee Reviews in San Juan, PR

I enjoyed very much working at AIG. I liked the culture and, specially, the people; it really feels like family. I miss working at AIG. But the salary is very low and there is no compensation every year. I left because I was with the same salary for six years. No way you could live in PR without any salary increase for that amount of years.
A great place to work and great people. The it manager of aig at san juan is a good boss and very concern about the company desirable needs. As an intern a learn about insurance company and software development at company level.
AIG is a good place of work where you feel challenge everyday by job requirements and management to perform your best. AIG employees are committed to their jobs and clients.
It is unfair to give an opinion about AIG considering that I worked for them almost 17 years ago. Right now, AIG's management is totally different compared to my time in the organization.
I didn't have any benefits because I'm in a temporary position. In a typical day, I answer phone calls, review claims, upload documents and maybe have to handle some noises from others co workers. I learn to use other systems, and about other types of coverages. I have an excellent Supervisor and co workers. My hardest part of the job is that I have to stay sit most of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I read the case and found some strange situation that make me laugh.
Pros
flexible time
My day at work starts at 8:30am and ends at 5pm. I worked in the Accident & Health Department as an Customer Service Representative and office worker. I learned about the process of underwriting, marketing, direct sales and assist the customers in the call center. The most enjoyable part of my job was the opportunity that they gave me to serve the customers and answer their questions about their policies and how they worked exactly.
Pros
Experience, knowledge and the Licence of Representative in Health and Disability.
It was my temporary job with AIG. I had a great start in the company as a temp. While my temp job I was attending collage. But in general it was nice and worthy experience.
Pros
i have some income while college student.
Cons
i wanted a real job.
It was an OK place to start my professional career, but since the department was so small, promotion was almost impossible.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AIG?