AIG

AIG Employee Reviews in Stevens Point, WI

AIG Travel had great benefits and rewarded me for hard-work. The corporate structure that was constantly reorganizing itself got incredibly frustrating and made it difficult to affect large-scale change. Because of this, the tech stack was very outdated, so I eventually got bored and my skills plateaued.
Lots of PTO. Easy to request time off. Time off usually granted. Great work from home benefit. However, the salary was a little low. Good trade-off if you are looking for good work/life balance and ample time off.
Pros
Ample PTO and good work/life balance
Cons
Not a lot of advancement opportunities.
I am working at AIG on a temporary contract. The work environment is professional, and there is a lot of support from managers and co-workers. I was trained to help review claims in addition to taking calls, which has made the experience more interesting.
Pros
Work from home, good pay
Cons
Some customers are difficult
In the claims department, you answer lots of calls...95% of the people calling are wanting to know why their claim isn't paid yet. 5% of the time, you set up claims for review. Overall, not a bad job for someone with entry level insurance experience. This is a travel insurance company.
Pros
Weekends off, exceptional 5.5 weeks of PTO, good hours, room for advancements
Cons
You only get 2, 15 minute breaks, If you want a lunch break, you have to come in and work either half hour before your scheduled shift or stay a half hour late, Starting pay could be better as well.
I loved working with both the employees and management. Everyone is very relaxed and enjoyable to be around. They do a lot to make sure you are balanced in home and work.
I had very friendly coworkers who were always there to help when I had questions. Management assisted if I had dr appointments for my kids last minute. Pay could have been more especially if cross trained in other departments
I would N E V E R recommend this company to anyone hired on a contract! I’m currently 24 weeks pregnant and received a doctors not yesterday that I was not able to work due to medical conditions for 5 weeks. I was told today that AIG is not able to hold my position within the time I need off and are terminating my contract.
Flexible work at home, managers are accessible and friendly, you start out working late shift but over time you are able to work your way up to earlier shift.
In my experience with AIG, I have been expected to work overtime due to being consistently understaffed making it difficult to maintain a work-life balance. I would not recommend applying to a claims position within AIG if you like to have weekends and evenings free for personal activity.
The job often requires working through day to day tasks independently without a lot of oversight so motivation and being pro-active are key. Work life balance can vary depending on what department you work in. The benefits are very good, however compensation has lacked when it comes to raises regardless of being a top performer. There have not been a lot of opportunities for advancement.
Unfortunate life circumstances caused me to have to leave AIG. However it was one of the best jobs I have ever had! The management team is awesome and the training, amazing.
AIG Travel Guard is a good company to work for. They are very helpful and supportive in transitioning between departments. The Benefits that are available are unmatchable, incomparable to several other companies. Overall AIG is a very good place to work.
This was by far the WORST place I ever worked. The management in my department was awful. Just a few months after I left the company cut about two-thirds of the people. I worked at a branch office and the culture there was not white collar at all, they treated people like they were on a manufacturing line. They only cared about production and not the person at all.
Pros
The location was very pretty
Cons
Walking in the door every morning
Poor culture, abusive supervisors and childlike behavior from peers and managers No sense of stability or job security Gossip and game playing horrible atmosphere
Benefits
Cons
Constant
Local office is very customer focused and departments work together to solve problems. Local managers are advocates for their team but corporate decisions have hurt the local dynamic.
Great place to start your career. Great training. Dont plan on retiring from here though because they will force you to leave after your benefits max out.
Great employer for families as they do a lot of events dedicated to staff children. They truly care for their employees and for above and beyond. They paid for my movers during the polar vortex so I wouldnt miss work.
a lot of turn around and lay offs in the last 5 years, very uncertain place to work. Loved the job and the last 3 years it was a flexible schedule incase of appointments or running late etc. Last 3 years management was off site. Prior to the last 3 years a lot of overtime and went on for ever. It could be overtime for 6 months to 3 years without stopping and always sent employees to other areas to do other jobs and then had to "rush" to get their jobs done. A lot benefits, so that was good. In the last 5 years or so, only 1 raise, they did give some bonus' though.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
a lot of overtime and no raises and layoffs
I enjoyed working at AIG. They have great benefits, PTO, and do a lot for their employees. The atmosphere was fantastic too. The only downside is I wish there were more pay increases.
Pros
Great atmosphere and benefits
Cons
Not a lot of pay increase
My time at AIG has been great however, the management in my department is lacking. There is favoritism and major communication issues between management and employees. The pay is low compared to the job duties.We are taking on more work for the same amount of pay. No room for growth within the department. Essentially the work is easy and the environment is friendly between other co-workers. Benefits of the company are fantastic and that is what makes it a hard job to leave.
Pros
Great benefits and PTO
Cons
Poor Management
Management changed often. Could be very stressful at times. For the most part the department worked well together. Provided plenty of time off. The pay was not inline with the job.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Pay
  1. Stevens Point, WI