AIG

AIG Employee Reviews in Wilmington, DE

AIG fosters a posoitive work atmosphere where you feel comfortable in your own skin, and are allowed to work to the best of your ability uniterrupted The staff is great, and management is supportive and transparent. My only issue is the lack of employee development. Any attempt to move up within the cmpany will need to be initiated by the emoloyee. More recognition of intenal talent is needed.
Pros
Easygoing, and professional
Cons
Can sometimes feel like just a number.
I enjoyed and learned a lot of the years working for aig. It also felt like family and they were understanding if you had personal life to address when used properly. Very understanding. Wouldn’t change it for the world
AIG provides a great work life balance and the ability to work remotely 4 days a week and my team and manager are excellent. There is no room for advancement in my department and salary increase is slim to none.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
Job security, no room for advancement or raises.
it was a good place to start my accounting career. made life long friends and learned a lot. would recommend AIG as a place to work. it was relaxed.
Pros
relaxed place to work
Cons
not enough money
The company was a great company to work for I enjoyed working at AIG , unfortunately management changed and that is when things started to go down hill, years later I can still say it was a great experience working this company I learned so much about various job functions as a medical clerk in the employee benefits department, I am eternally grateful for the opportunity to worked at AIG. My job duties consist of processing medical claims and performing clerical duties such as, open and date stamp claims, sort all incoming claims, microfilm all claims, and data entry all claims into computer system.The work culture is a very diverse work environment, however management may be the hardest part of your job.
Pros
Benefits are excellent
Cons
Management was horrible
I enjoyed my time at AIG. The management was always helpful and knowledgeable. We had great teams in our departments and it was fun to come to work each day.
The division of AIG I worked for was sold after the banking crisis of 2008. It was a good place to work and the people were great. They provided great benefits.
Some of the better managers I ever knew. Two of them were not from an IT background but were former teachers. One had been a kindergarten teacher---and you could tell. She was a sweet as could be, but if she had to, could use the "Teacher Voice" on you. They were very good at keeping people on task and working together. I called it "Sit down, shut up, and share your crayons".
My typical day at work was focused upon product development. I designed life insurance policies, setting benefits and charges. Worked on insurance in various countries, including Canada, Chile, Japan and the United States. I learned a great deal about business and how a company runs. The learning experience was incredible. The workplace culture was fast paced. The hardest part of the job was learning computer languages. The most enjoyable part of the job was exposure to insurance around the world. Studying for the examinations required for certification as an actuary was very demanding.
Very rewarding company to work for. Great benefits,flexibility and growth opportunity. Promotions are not frequently granted. Good camaraderie amongst workers.
AIG is a great company to work for. They encourage skills training and provide advise for professional growth. They tend to hire from within first, so there is usually an opportunity to apply for other positions within the company
Pros
Lots of opportunity for growth
Cons
Sometimes long work hours
AIG is a great place to work. Great people, professional culture, and a supportive staff. The company direction will be pretty evident to you early on, and whether or not you will want to be there long term will be pretty easy to determine.
Wish this company was still in operation. Great working environment.Had the opportunity to enhance my audit, compliance and quality assurance skills while at AIG.
It was a good place to work it just wasn't for me so I decided to move on looking for new opportunities . Didn't like the culture was not the place for me so I moved on
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Just didn't like it
I held several different positions during my tenure at AIGM. Starting as a Customer Service Representative and advanced to supervision within two years. I enrolled in insurance courses and became an agent within one year. Having above average customer service skills and was chosen by the Walt Disney Company to be the on-site AIGM Representative which afforded me to travel to California on a regular basis. Working with the insureds and helping resolve their problems in a timely fashion.
Pros
Great benefits, free lunches for working Saturdays, morale boosters.
Cons
None to mention
Management was young and did not really know what he was doing and was friendly to much to certain co-workers. It was a nice place to work, but not the department that I was in which was the Data Entry are.
Cons
my day would consist of various duties I learned new and different things each day the management was ok the culture of the workplace was ok the hardest part of the job was nothing really the most enjoyable part of the job was the people and the atmosphere
he atmosphere was positive and so were the staff,I learned alot of techniques and selling of insurance products, and enjoyed my tenure of 11 years with this company
Pros
The atmosphere was positive and so were the staff, I learned alot of techniques and selling of insurance products, and enjoyed my tenure of 11 years with this company
Cons
There were no cons I could state, again this job was a milestone in my work career, I made many co-workers and staff who I still are in contact today.
At the time of employment - commission based sales without benefit of renewal commission paid, mismanagement of departments, massive layoffs due to market crash 2008
Pros
Fl
Cons
N/a
I liked underwriting, the associates I worked with, traveling for work related trips, "winning the deal" as in obtaining the order to write the policy, training agents & new hires, the close commute I did not like being laid off, I thought I would work at this company until I retired
AIG Direct transformed itself into 21st Century, and then Farmers Insurance (wholly owned by Zurich), It was a good place to work. They moved to an open work space environment where the various teams could directly communicate. My team was eventually outsourced in a cost saving move.