AIG

AIG Employee Reviews in Woodland Hills, CA

AIG has great support to acquire skills by tuition reimbursement program. In addition, colleagues are willing to help when you had any problems in your work.
During my time at AIG (now Advisor Group) the technology team was a stable, but old-fashioned work environment. It was a big corporation so it was tough to make waves to be advanced in your career. But the experience was good overall.
The benefits were great, but do not get paid enough for the volume of work done. Worked at cubicle with little human interaction and had to follow strict procedures for work - quality and productivity closely monitored.
I liked working for AIG. I liked the experience, work environment and networking. The pay. Benefits. Management and overall experience was great at that company.
Great Experience and people enjoyed being a consultant. Worked with many hiring managers, made many placements nationwide. The team was excellent, would definitely consider going back given the opportunity.
No one notices you unless you mess up. The pay is fine but the environment is incredibly dull and corporate. No innovations are made in the department and all money is spent elsewhere by the company in order to make them look better in the public eye. If they would focus on in-house issues then id probably want my job back but as the summary says its a thankless job and everyone from all other departments look down upon new business operators. Its the most critical role AIG has and yet there are no innovations and no updates to old operating systems. AIG still requires faxes to be sent in, which most insurance agents are not happy to hear about. Everyone shoots the messenger and thats exactly what this position is.
The company has been faced with expense challenges and overall workplace culture has been impacted for many years as a result of continuous work force reductions at all levels and businesses.
Good place to start with no guarantee of growth. Training is a lacking factor in most sectors of company. Poor communication too often visible in most departments.
A great company to work for. Overall, people are great. Having said that, promotions are rare. Depending on your manager, a raise is not guaranteed each year, although bonuses are usually paid out in full or close to it. In other words ... good company to work for, decent pay, great people and culture, but don't expect to climb the corporate ladder quickly or receive generous pay increases.
Fun work environment but work tasks is rather repetitive. Always managed to get the job done as I always see to it that I am at all time deadline-driven to get it done. No further comments.
Management style is not great, from the top down. There is no room for advancement and insurance business is so regulated that there is no creativity in marketing.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Pay, teamwork
I greatly enjoyed my time with AIG. The management was supportive, and the benefits were great! The only drawback was securing time off. I worked in the call center where assigning time off was first come, first approved and had to be done well in advance. Spur of the moment requests were usually denied.
Poor management , lack of care for associates. Work no fun . Poor bonus structure, very subjective reviews, not enough programs for associates to benefit, cheap management , blame type culture
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long hours, stressful, unappreciative
Company is going through a very difficult period. Continuous rounds of layoffs, almost every quarter, makes it a very stressful place to work. Employee morale is extremely low. Hoping that things improve soon.
This company has been around for a while and conducts business as so. It is a stressful environment and the pay is low compared to competitors, but a great place to learn and grow in your career.
Pros
stable
Cons
pay
I’ve been with AIG for just under 2 years. The department has a great culture and only has a few obnoxious/annoying people. However, there are a lot of people who think the management team sets unreasonable expectations but those are the people who are consistently ranked in the bottom of performance. Do your job and management will leave you alone. I’ve been promoted a couple of times already and have been able to accomplish and grow so much professionally.
Pros
A lot of recognition if you do your job well
I enjoy working at AIG. For anybody looking to work at a big company with big benefits, I recommend AIG. It's a good balance between work/life balance.
AIG SunAmerica is company that sells individual annuity products in all 50 states. During that time I had worked in several different departments learning variety of function and developing a full understanding of the daily operations of the company. This required me and all employees of the company to have a basic understanding of all federal and individual state regulation within the insurance industry. One of my primary daily functions in the Compensation Department was to run audits for some of our larger broker-dealers that sold our products including companies like Edward Jones and Morgan Stanley. These audits were done to verify commission events and to ensure there were no discrepancies found within. If any were found, I was responsible to research the cause and determine if this was a one off situation or if there was any ongoing situation that would need to be address. Once the problem was determine, I was responsible for making all necessary adjustment to correct the commission payout. In addition, over the last three years, I was primary representative handling all collection duties for the Compensation (Commission) Department; which average about $1,000.00 in debt collection from other companies a week. All of this while maintaining a high quality of customer services to all of our internal and external customers.
Best part of the job was some of the tenured, hard-working people who worked there. Worst part of the job was a remote manager who had no experience with training and was not on-site to observe the productivity issues that were occurring.
Pros
Some very good employees
Cons
Administrative system issues; remote management
Work life balance is difficult but a great group of people. Culture is changing with the organization . The best part of the job is the people. Organization is changing and growing.
benefits
Cons
work life balance
Very challenging with lots of overtime and deadlines but fulfilling. Worked with interesting projects.I saw the company grew and still in great shape. I had a good training and this is my weapon I carry when I look a for job.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Worked long hours especially on weekends
  1. Woodland Hills, CA