AIG

AIG Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

I was only there as a temp for 3 months, but the work was interesting and pleasurable. I enjoyed it very much. Shame it wasnt permanant. The people that work there were very helpful with anything I didnt understand.
Pros
Lively people
Cons
Not permanent
The job has pros and cons. The pros are benefits, flexibility and remote from home. The cons are outdated technology, low compensationThey need to get better technology and pay their employees more in terms of salary,There is a constant fear of layoffs.
This position offered security, great benefits and an average salary. The work environment was very sterile and quiet. Monthly birthdays and they provided lunch weekly during tax season.
AIG is a great employer, work life balance is not great. It's a fast paced, busy environment that demands a lot from its employees. Its said that a year with AIG is like 7 elsewhere. The people are friendly, helpful and will answer questions. I work in a great team environment, but some people still think of the old "Us vs. Them" mentality.
I enjoyed working with my co workers and the clients. Team work is very necessary at any office environment. Our office in Hickory were a great family/team, we always supported each other.
benefits
Cons
not job security
Office duties, managing the adjusters calendar for appointments. The environment was relaxed, slow paced. Co workers were always out assessing damages to cars, so I kept up with their phone calls, appointments and mail. I enjoyed working with Aig, who is now known as farmers insurance.
Pros
company dinners, bonuses
Cons
I worked in the Troy office doing insurance applications for other states which our agents were not qualified to do. The customers did not know they were calling in to Michigan.
Fast-paced, but like family. Many perks and good relationship. Worked some weekends with a fantastic boss who was incredibly pleased with my work ethics. The hardest part of the job is that it eventually became monotonous and I felt like I was stuck. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationship I had with our clients, brokers and other big wigs at other branches. They liked and respected me enough because I was always willing to help be the middle man between some of the adjusters and management, if there was something they felt a bit uneasy to get answers from, they'd ask me to see what I could do and I would handle it to the best of my ability.
Nice work place great environment nice mangers well organized friendly people no negative the managers were nice an respectful helped you out of you needed help
Fast-paced work environment but easy to keep up. Family environment co-workers, supervisors/managers always willing to help. I've learned about multiple departments and how they all connected.
I had my second child and I was a stay at home mom. I was commuting to work just over 4 hours a day. I couldn't do that anymore with children. If I lived closer I would of never left. I was there a long time.
Productive a great place to work at. AIG is diversified. AIG applies these qualities together to help their clients achieve more as our world evolves. At AIG, they are developing advanced techniques in data science and technology that keeps their clients safer and better informed.
I loved this job and really learned a lot worked with a great group of people in Marketing working with all the Financial Advisors and Regional Managers handling conferences and trade shows and other events held by advisors (ie: lunch and learn, etc.). Responsible for all promotional items, literature, check requests and convention center space for events. I prepared group reviews for hospitals, schools and other institutions that had their plans with AIG. These would range in 10 -20 books ranging from 50-100+pages. I would bind them and get them to the advisor by FEDEX. This position was remote because we worked for the Northwest Region which consists of many cities as well as OC and San Diego.
Pros
Loved the life work balance and the people I worked with
Cons
The feds took over and I lost my job
Very stressful environment. When people left, there were no replacements, just distribute the work among the people left. Systems not updated and maintained so that work could be completed.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Department Heads were not on site, but in other states or even other countries.
Busy company with a lot of contract workers and full time employees. Was extremely busy when school insurance policies were being renewed. A lot of internal and external communication. Most days were well balanced. Was a nice area to work with security to and from building. Near a lot of external outside events.
Pros
Security all hours
Cons
Good company but unstable job security. Company and departmental changes are constant so job stability was often uncertain. Great benefits and vacation.
It was extremely nice working for the company. • Assisted with general accounting functions and maintained journals. Provided telephone support; investigated and resolved billing problems. Trained volunteers, interns and contractors
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
health care
Very busy fast paced environment. I loved working for AIG and learned a lot about Insurance during the course of the time that I was employed. The most difficult/challenging part of the job were doing the monthly reports. Workplace culture is serious but still fun.
Pros
free lunches most of the time
If you like to have an active, productive workday, this is the place for you. Co-workers are helpful and friendly. I have had the opportunity to learn many of the useful tools and applications the company provides to complete daily tasks and projects. AIG offers many online classes including Microsoft Office applications, a walk-in Technology Bar offering assistance for all technical needs. Tuition refund is available for employees interested in advancing their education and online Webinar courses are provided. All courses and extra curriculum classes are encouraged by management. AIG provides a pleasant work environment including social events, employee incentives, and is a great place to work if you are looking for a busy, challenging work environment.
Pros
AIG offers Work From Home (WFH) options
Cons
Work From Home options could be offered to more employees
Maintained over a dozen individuals so it was fast paced. I learned how to multi task and never give up on a project. The people I worked with were the best people. the hardest part was working for difficult people, which taught me great patience and the best part were the friends that I made there. I loved working at AIG.
Pros
Perfessonal atmosphere with people always willing to teach new things
Cons
The pay could have been better
Managers and staff are great to work with and are always willing to help you. Enjoyed assisting Underwriters and Clients. Learned their applications.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
  1. Administrative Assistant