AIG

AIG Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

It was okay. Higher Management was no good. The pay was okay. The job was boring and not challenging me and became a bore. The pay was good and lots of paid holidays.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
The constant quality grading
No support from management. Not supportive of personal situations. Colleagues not supportive and pitted against each employees. Very strict. Does not appreciate initiative.
I am working at AIG on a temporary contract. The work environment is professional, and there is a lot of support from managers and co-workers. I was trained to help review claims in addition to taking calls, which has made the experience more interesting.
Pros
Work from home, good pay
Cons
Some customers are difficult
I pretty satisfied with AIG; however there was only one adequate supervisor, that I had the pleasure of working with. He was very knowledgeable; whereas most were not. When I first started working there I had to be my own supervisor, even though a supervisor was present for half of the shift. Also I had to handle my own escalations. I was very disappointed with the way the company responded at times that I needed them to be there for me.
Pros
Steady employment
Cons
Supervisors were not properly prepared for the position.
I have been working for AIG since August 30th, 2020 - two months so far! I was trained virtually and I work from home. I really appreciate the flexibility the company has given me, espcially with a husband who has cancer and cannot be exposed to covid. Also, my team has been great. My team leads are always there to help answer questions and my manager, though probably somewhat overwhelmed with the new hire questions and high volume calls, does his absolute best to support my success. I feel like there will be opportunities for growth and upward movement, although time will tell. I really enjoy problem solving and helping my customers get their issues resolved. The job is challenging but also fulfilling, and I am learning a ton about this kind of business. Even though I work from home, it's easy to tell that everyone is a team player and we care about one another. As with any company, there are a few challenges. The first challenge is that there is a ton of knowledge that I still need and would love to get some extra training in sometime. I believe the trainers did their best, but I just need some more information. There is so much I don't know! As a customer service rep, I really have to go above and beyond to get the answers that customers need - this involves pushing the service providers to get me information I need, along with utilizing all methods of communication and having great and honest follow up with customers. That can be hard to do when there is heavy call volume. If there is anything I would change, it would be having my first hour every shift as a "call back" - more...
Pros
Flexibility, Wfh, Benefits, Pto, Great Manager, Great Team Leads, Support
Cons
Angry Customers, Feeling like I need more training/knowledge.
I worked at the Call Center for 15 1/2 years. I got a automated letter today saying they choose someone with more experience. I don’t understand and think a more personal response.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Always trying to get AHT down and not so much once and done.
Enjoyed my entire time there, great people, wonderful management. Would return in a heartbeat if I had the chance. Was given a letter of recommendation when I left as well.
AIG was a great company. I regret leaving them but life happens. The culture was good, the work life balance and bunch of promotions within, and they have started the work from home for the Covid.
Expected 100% accuracy 100% attendance no exception. I worked at 98% accuracy and was disciplined and management ensured i was isolated from discussing with anybody
It was ok, it was a job like every other job not too bad but not too good. They could have had more training. I did lime working there though....they should have raised the pay also.
I worked in the call center so I do not know how the rest of the companies culture is. Very high pressure to help the client and uphold time andnumber quotasquotas.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
High pressure
I believe they are under new management and thank goodness. When I was with this company I gave my all, however it was not appreciated because everyone was in competition with one another. The department I worked in knew that I was over qualified for that position, however I thought "If I pay my dues they would respect that" but that was not the case. No one in this company except for the CEO wanted to see me thrive and this is why I feel I was undermined. Others knew he saw my potential, which was not good for them.
I liked working for AIG but I get like we neede more training in this type of work place I had to learn day by day but other then that it’s Decent.. & felt like the pay was very low for how many hours was spent
The role is easy to understand not especially challenging, there is little room to move up though. There is very little engagement with management or any sense of office community.
Hired just after the 'Bail-Out' crisis. This company is HUGE, too-big-to-fail. Probably, it would be better to have been split up. But the different areas may be too inter-connected. Pay Impacted.
Pros
Job Training Excellent
Cons
Stingy Culture
I enjoyed my time at AIG. The only reason I left was to move out of state with the Husband at the time. I would love to work with them in the future if I end up back in Amarillo.
High call volume. Need more adjusters for thier call volume and agents. Company is pretty good overall. Need more agents and empolyees on the phones and out in the community more.
The company is a great Fortune 500 Company with great room for growth. I enjoyed helping and working with the clients and financial advisors regarding. You're always learning the financial, IRS regulations, taxes,etc the can change from year to year on pension plans and 401k retirement.
Different job program Needed to be very assertive with this job field. Fellow workers were confident on their job ethics. Needed to do unnecessary reports that attending to the customer needs were less important.
How far you can go is entirely based on you and how you present yourself. You have nothing but opportunities to grow within this company but obviously if you call into work all the time that person who shows up everyday is going to get a lead on you. Love this job. It's a great work family, probably the best I've ever had.
American General touts itself on inclusion and diversity. This contributes to a very friendly and respectful work place environment . Management is amazing and the flexible work arrangement is top notch. American General works very hard to educate the employee via various training, one to one sessions and knowledge checks and this contributes to the employee performing their job with a high degree of accuracy .
  1. Customer Service Representative