AIG Employee Reviews for Financial Representative

Original hire was at American General Life and Health. The culture within the original training period was good. After AIG rebranded and as Branch Management changed, so did culture. Unfortunately, AIG decided to move away from local, in-home Agents and local Customer service.
It is a good insurance company who offered minimum salary for first 6 months, but too much pressure on sales due to commission base after 6 months period.
Must meet quotas and stay in bonus to make any kind of money. In 2015 compensation was changed to individual pool where you draw a percentage and no one like that. It was hard to have a high number paycheck.
I did not like the compensation tied to pure production. Management is helpful with training, but it was more sales related. Work environment wos good
This is not relevant to my resume .Therefore I am not answering this question. I do not work here any longer .The division went out of business a few months after I started working there
good management, staffs, and co-workers to work with monetary compensation to begin the job was excellent compare to other companies maybe no other companies offer that kind of benefits for the entry level agents
Laid off all of AIG representatives in the US. I only worked there for a short time. My most recent job is social media marketing then Tulane University as a research assistant.
AIG SunAmerica is company that sells individual annuity products in all 50 states. During that time I had worked in several different departments learning variety of function and developing a full understanding of the daily operations of the company. This required me and all employees of the company to have a basic understanding of all federal and individual state regulation within the insurance industry. One of my primary daily functions in the Compensation Department was to run audits for some of our larger broker-dealers that sold our products including companies like Edward Jones and Morgan Stanley. These audits were done to verify commission events and to ensure there were no discrepancies found within. If any were found, I was responsible to research the cause and determine if this was a one off situation or if there was any ongoing situation that would need to be address. Once the problem was determine, I was responsible for making all necessary adjustment to correct the commission payout. In addition, over the last three years, I was primary representative handling all collection duties for the Compensation (Commission) Department; which average about $1,000.00 in debt collection from other companies a week. All of this while maintaining a high quality of customer services to all of our internal and external customers.
Great Insurance for Customers but shortage of managers and support team. Job provided balance. Culture was lacking due to office short of staff support
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AIG?
poor compensation package. Excessive amount of travel expected to service policies I didn't write and didn't receive money for. Poor management support.
I was not happy with the compensation. I worked the book given to me, keeping the clients happy and received no compensation. I didn't receive compensation for rewriting business to keep it active. Yet they were quick to take away when someone cancelled even though they were an old insured who I did not write.
Poor management, Not very helpful with providing opportunities of advancement or growth. Very "selective" with who they choose to give opportunities to. High turnover rate.
Pros
free lunch, cake for birthdays.
Cons
poor management, not organized
A typical day was calling on existing customers and prospects for the sale of Universal Life Policies and Annuities in the protection of their assets. I learned that this company was all about the cash and not about the customer. I to leave before they had their legal problems with the Insurance Commissioner for inappropriate behavior.
Pros
The ability to work independently
Cons
Unstable management
good leaders are very hard to find and the pholosiphy the company has to Train advisors are pretty poor. all in all, you eat what you catch, so if you can't fish, you will die, they don't know how to train you to fish, so you will die if you can't already. they also lie about how much interest the actually pay on IUL's. and because the cost in insurance goes up, IUL's can implode and customers can actually end up owing money.
Pros
work your own schedule
Cons
poor training
Totally self generated sales. Very little to no support to field agents form local management. They will want you to sell to all of your friends and family in your first 2 months, then leave you on your own to find clients.
Pros
Great work life balance, no maximum salary
Cons
Peers willing to steal clients. No lead sourcing from company
I work as a call team member. Though I am front line for the company and a tenured representative, I do not believe I have a voice. My feedback, nor the customers' feedback is important. Customer feedback is only taken seriously if it comes through the sales team. I learned about "faking it til you make it". The benefits are good. Dental/medical and matched 401K.
AIG is a great place to work, and offers the appropriate training needed for all levels of employees. Staff was very helpful.
Great company to work for. I loved the culture, the management. The company treats their employees with royalty. Unfortunately I was one of 50,000 employees that was apart of the company shut down.
Pros
Well compensated.
Cons
Had to start your own book of business from scratch.
It was an amazing experience for me to be part of the family of AIG, there was a nice workplace, great environment, a typical day at work was very enjoyable so many things to learn everyday, I learned the base about life, accident and health insurance; the marketing knowledge was very helpful,
Pros
It was nice place and great environment
Cons
They close the financial Network in my area.
Cold calling was not necessary. Worked from established list and mailers. Management team was excellent. Since my area was quite far from the office, I was able to work from home 2-3 days a week. Weekly goals were attainable.
Pros
Work from home.Relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
Company decided to dissolve all field offices, reps and management
Sales and Business Development as an Independent Insurance Agent. The management team was very knowledgeable and helpful with generating new business opportunities. I enjoyed the high pace work environment, and the support from my co-workers.
  1. Financial Representative