AIG Employee Reviews for IT Technician

Looking back, I think I could have handled the stress better if it wasn't my first job. Not for the inexperienced. The job was okay but the management sometimes was confusing and overwhelming. I got yelled at a lot by one manager because I often made mistakes.
There are too many mangers.There are no people working, there are only managers who only give instructions.Also technology is very old(like visual basic)
layoffs are rampant. the company has lost its soul. the people are outstanding, some managers are wonderful, others are terrible. change has been constant.
The pay is decent and the retirement benefits and PTO are good, other than that nothing good here. Morale is low due to constant RIF activity. No room for professional or personal growth. Leadership is oblivious to anything that is really going on. There is a disconnect between every group and it is overly siloed so getting anything done is more difficult than it should be. Everyone besides leadership is completely overworked and running in multiple directions.
Great environment to grow. Working as a contractor does not make the job really dependable. Looking out for something better within and without. Life goes on.
Pros
N/a
Reorgs on a continual basis. Friends and family hiring process. Has not made money in the past 10 years. Environment is hostile, managment offers no direction, wants to be a tech company but falls miserable short. Too many chefs with no ingredients to work with
Start my day at checking mails. Start/Continue pending jobs. Interact with my co-workers. Escalations are the most challenging part of this job. Management is fine and considerable.
It was great time working there because a typical day started with working nearby great view. However, the best part of that job was the great team effort. We had to migrate 800 system in very short and we achieved that goal. It was a great feeling.
Pros