AIG

AIG Employee Reviews for Marketing Specialist

AIG has a great company culture and morale that they pride themselves in! Great opportunity for anyone looking to advance within the financial/insurance industry!
Good place to learn the business but not much direction from management on career advancement or other opportunities within the organization. Very political office culture.
Pros
Free lunches and work flexibility
Cons
Too many middle managers and upper management
My job ended with any notice or anything. I gave them 16 years of my life. I grew with this company. I learned a lot working here. I didn't want to leave but I had no choice. Everyone is nice and the office environment is relaxing and enjoyable. We worked together as a team.
Pros
30 min lunch break, benefits are great
Cons
No warning or notice just shut office down
The best part of this company is the people you work with. They hire good people that make work enjoyable. They have improved on their processes and opportunities, but there is still room for improvement.
Pros
Flexibile schedule
My stint with AIG provided me with a good training ground for creativity and conceptualization, and working long hours during weekdays. It had taught me how to do multi tasking activities because several programs were being launched simultaneously. This job made me prove that I am able to work either by myself or as part of a team, regardless, I was self driven and was able to deliver.
Pros
monthly pay was more rewarding than previous employer, it was a multi national company which offered more growth and advancement to its employees
Cons
long working hours, lack of people to handle marketing programs
Outstanding Financial Company at the time , with quality Products and an excellent reputation.
Pros
strong independent enviorment
Cons
services were below industry standards
Over the 4 years that I have worked with AIG. I have learned a lot from my peers and the organization.
Pros
i feel secure with my job and benefits.
Cons
its political, hard to move up the ladder