AIG Employee Reviews for Operations Manager

I learned that the harder you worked and were good at your job you would not be promoted, those who didn't perform were moved up the ladder while others were not.
AIG provided me with the opportunity to develop and provide value in the business as usual setting as well as special projects to increase productivity and reduce expenses.
The company has had turnover in senior management over the last decade. This unfortunately has created an environment of chaos with regards to having effective management in place. Many managers typically stay in their office and it is up to the employee to approach the manager vs. the manager actually setting clear and direct communications. This leads to the overspending of funds for system enhancements and/or projects. A number of the Project Managers hired recently don't seem to know how to manage a project as those project managers from years ago. It is unfortunate this company gone from being a great company (with some issues, needless to say) and many, many dedicated employees to a company of counting $$$, which it is wasting on an immense basis.
Pros
Worklife balance, benefits
Cons
Lack of good management and company vision/direction
This company was my first exposure to the investment industry. I was able to work with Andrew Sarlos, a famous investment guru. This unfortunately last 3 years but has been fondly remembered.
Pros
Penthouse offices and many employee benefits.
Cons
Miss many people I worked with.
After the financial crisis of 2008, there were some drastic changes. Eventually the right CEO was put in place with Bob Benmosche. The company was slow to react to the improved economy. While other insurance companies were growing, AIG was still going though rounds of layoffs. That has slowed and there is upside to joining this company now. It may be a good company to get into for production groups. However, support personnel might want to wait.
Pros
Excellent benefits, healthcare, vacation time, and pay.
Cons
cover-your-tail management, not an atmosphere for growth.
Assist the frontline management team in decreasing the Call Center AHT and Compliance percentage by managing Real Time Adherence (RTA) and Schedule Adherence and provided ongoing assistance and support in leveraging our workforce management solution. Managed all reporting tools and reports. My challenges were with bringing together two call centers, Group Retirement and Fixed Annuity and writing process and procedure to assist managers and senior staff with managing their employees to all KPI standards (Dash Boards, and Ranking reports). With the help of my very knowledgeable Analyst Teams at both Centers this was successful.
Great benefits. Due to reorganization, not a lot of room for growth.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Uncertain future