AIG Employee Reviews for Regional Vice President

It was a fantastic company and opportunity. I enjoyed my role, my teammates, my Division Manager and the corporate leadership. The flagship investment experienced a tremendous short term setback which unfortunately led to the elimination of the distribution channel that I worked in.
I did not work at AIG. It was the company that bought my business in 2005. They were great to work with in the transfer of ownership. That is all I know about them
AIG is a great global company which offers opportunity for an abundant number of career choices. Management is fair and the company offers very competitive compensation. The AIG name is solid again. The offerings from the company are amazing and help change peoples lives every day.
Pros
401(k), health insurance
Cons
Great team focus. High net worth clients, good broker relationships. Enjoyed the independent general agents and BGA's, exciting NYC atmosphere where you were allowed to be yourself and nuture your region and business partners. a serious player with great products and comp plans.
Each day was full of action from beginning to end as we competed in the extremely competitive aviation insurance market. Changes in the marketplace were commonplace requiring nimble reactions and insight to stay ahead of the curve. The management struggled to to bring technology up-to-date to increase productivity and improve customer service in the face of an under-investment in this area in the last 30 years. Everyone worked hard and supported each other to win and keep customers. Winning new and keeping renewal business was the most rewarding part of the business as it meant successful relationships with our broker customers was being realized. The financial crisis resulted in many changes at AIG and eventually there were many lay-offs as the organization 're-structured' to focus on stock price and investor returns
Pros
Good quality employees and high energy environment
Cons
Management change is occurring at a rapid rate but communication down the line is lacking.
Great work environment. Very good work life balance. Strong management team and parent company.
Pros
compensation, job security, work life balance.
Innovative, great work environment Excellent company culture. Great opportunity.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AIG?