AIG

AIG Employee Reviews for Sales Manager

Good product mix. Heavy insurance product driven. Investment are a little lacking for full client platform. Good company overall. Enjoyed the work and the people.
Loved working with them for 10 years. A great place to work. I would recommend working with them and would love to work with them again in the future.
Pros
people and products
Cons
nothing bad to say
Recruitment and training of a new sales force. Development of new staff member. Encouraging management potential. Long and unsociable working hours. but with high earning potential and advancement within the company.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
I arrived early (8am) and got ready for my day waiting for agents to come to work. I learned a long time ago in this business you had to start early to accomplish your goals. I was in management for 12+ years. I always got along with co-workers because I always believed in treating anyone the same way you expect them to treat you. The hardest part of my career was always keeping yourself motivated because it was a very easy field to run yourself out of if you became lazy and complacent. I always enjoyed helping people with my services to insure that their family would be protected in case of an early death or disability to the breadwinner.
Pros
Interaction with co workers and clients. You were rewarded really well if you worked hard.
Cons
The word no, disappointments, losing clients to death, lazy agents and not enough hours in the day.
A typical day at work included reviewing previous day's productivity and adjusting daily and monthly goals accordingly. Reviewing live and recorded calls of staff was a daily task followed by one on one sessions with staff as needed.I learned conflict resolution as well as how to build an agenda for weekly and monthly meetings which I held. There isn't enough room in this field to list all of the things that I learned while employed at AIG.Management set high standards for the staff to meet which is essential in a goal oriented work environment.Co-workers were team players in every sense of the phrase.The hardest part of the job was selecting qualified candidates for open positions.One of the most enjoyable parts of the job was free breakfast or lunch on casual Friday's.
Pros
all benefits began on the first day of work for full-time employees.