AIG Employee Reviews for Teacher

I have worked for CMS for seven years and still make less than $48,000 per year. The workload is heavy with very little time to plan. I have learned so much about managing my time, multi-tasking, organization skills, collaboration, leadership skills, and much more. I have been given many management opportunities. I have even had the chance to work with a textbook publishing company and present in a video that has been viewed internationally. The culture is poor. Motivation is lacking and administration does not seem quick to respond. The hardest part of the job is completing tasks in the amount of time given. I teach students 90% of my day but also have to find time to complete compliance, grading, research, analyze data, etc... The most enjoyable part of this job is working with students that are eager to learn. Seeing them enjoy an activity is incredibly beneficial.
Pros
Making a difference in students lives.
Cons
Lack of support, at times.
AIG resource was a difficult but rewarding experience working with children with explicit growing needs. AIG children provide just as much challenge as any other student.