How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

ABB Employee Reviews

Malaysia19 reviews
In ABB organization, you will get in touch with different races of employees in the workplace. They are celebrating all festivals together with different activities.
The workplace is comfortable, well-maintained and you feel easy to do work at your own place. There are some activity that provide by the company in order for the staff to have work-life balance which is fun.
Pros
Activities - sports, etc
Cons
Job security
Good environment with flexible working time base on HOD and good benefit for staff even cover medical for family. Staff benefit quite good compare to others
Have to work on time and ot almost on Saturday and Sunday. Have to give the best commitment to ABB in order to avoid any penalties given by others. Try to complete documentation on time.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
short breaks
Jobs are mostly dependent on market conditions, especially in the petroleum industry.
ABB malaysia mostly operates in secondary role to ABB Singapore..
Pros
Easy place to work in. Friendly people
Cons
Whole company is dependant on single customer
My work as technical support in ABB is balanced between office work and site work. I have learnt theory and practical of electrical power system in ABB. I appreciate the accessibility to the substation and panel builder factory to experience the real system of electrical power. The knowledge is enhanced with the theory of it which is vast in ABB intranet plus online training, webinar and online support which is available and updated from time to time. Being technical support, I also get the opportunity to have direct contact with protection relay specialist in ABB headquarters in Finland. This broadens my horizons and view on the work scope as a whole. ABB dedicates a specific role to a person so I focus only on protection relay at ABB. This gives me ample space to dig and deepen my knowledge in this area. ABB also comprise the whole scope of electrical power e.g automation, switchgear, LV product where I can always get in contact with peers who works in that team in ABB so I can know the inter-relation of my field to theirs. The hardest part of the job is to get approval of relay with utility like TNB and SEB which require a lots of things to do including documentations in such a long period of time. This will incur a lot of cost before we can actually start selling our product to the utility to earn profit. The most enjoyable part of the job is going outstation where I get opportunity to go to other places and my job task is varying depending on demand or job task so I don't feel boring doing routine works every day at office.
In terms of training, ABB has sent me to training
 - more...
Pros
Flexible time, can take half day leave, allocation of travelling day for outsation, site allowance, hardship allowance
Cons
site allowance not updated, low annual increment, less benefit, less secure job (chance to get VSS)
Staffs are friendly and willing to help and solve the issue together.
I am able to learn different type of products and provided training when necessary by company especially on the products and softskills.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Salary not high
Good bonus, affordable salary, but lacking in manpower. Management always want to minimize headcount causing imbalance workload among staff. Turn over rate also high.
Pros
Good bonus
Cons
Short of manpower
The work are okay if given enough time to execute. Either its me, or the management just dont see the actual root cause. Causing my team to have no time to plan at all.
Pros
Good culture, work life balance (depends on who is your HOD)
Cons
no time to plan anything
The working environment is good. Good superior to guide you. Good peers to liaise with in work. Too much administrative work due to company's restructuring.
Depending on the division/business unit of employee, basically it's MNC environment and professional. If you are involved in Sales or job require travelling, you can have flexibility of moving around. Suitable for mid to high level management, the pay will be good but less so for aspiring fresh graduate, increment is standard.
Pros
MNC environment, dental benefit, professional culture
Cons
Grouping/politics for specific department, a lot of procedure and compliance to follow
Need to be Independent role, gain a lot of experience and enhance my knowledge to go further. Almost 3 years of experience as a Field Service Engineer under Process Automation Power Generation department. I am doing engineering and service role that working with the control system (DCS) and instrumentation. I have been performed and completed several projects during my working here
Really enjoyed work with ABB,learnt a lot of thing especially in order management and sales support. The culture and workplace is very flexible and enjoyable.
1. Nice working place
2. Provide lots of career advancement

3. Offer personal welfare

4. Flexible working time for service engineer

5. Offer educational support for the staffs
Pros
Fast moving company
Cons
Lots of outstation projects.
Learned lot about electronic and about reading electrical drawing. Given change to deal with customer from different country and places.
Pros
Flexible working hours
job experience :
o Designing High Voltage electrical distribution panel

o learned AutoCAD and HV electrical

o knowledge learn theoretically but not practically.
Pros
learn HV electrical
Cons
staying in office
nice place to work, high in integrity ,promote work life balance
Pros
resourceful company, can learn many things
Cons
complicated management hierachy
Tough place to work,I have learned good engineering practice but in a very tough manner
- My typical day at work will be project follow-up and technical spec. review when there is project inquiry.
- In this company, i do learn a lot of management skill in terms of time, people and project

- The hardest part of the job will be the new product handling for project execution without experience.

- The most enjoyable part of the job will be the chances to go oversea for product training and factory acceptance test. Beside that, successful in executing a project were also an enjoyable part as well
Pros
oversea travel for training or factory acceptance test, many helpful colleague
Cons
benefit