Accenture
Accenture Employee Review

Don't believe the hype

27 January 2016
The marketing team is very slick and portrays an image of a nice cushy corporate job where the most important things you have to worry about are your job and networking. While I worked here for a very short time (only around 3 months) I could see that there was a huge disparity in working conditions which depends hugely on the operating group you are assigned tom and hence the client. I was assigned to a telco, where the working conditions are considerably less cushy than say Oil and Gas. The training and induction is also kind of misleading in my opinion. The trainers make it sound like the company is just one big family and you are going to be well taken care of, and that management is very approachable if you have a problem. Well I had a boss who wasn't interested at all in me as a person, but just another lackey to work to keep the numbers down. Conclusion: work here if you are prepared to sacrifice work life balance for above average benefits and compensation. Also, middle management seems to lack management skills, the company should really work on training them up.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Lack of choice of client, big and impersonal company structure, marketing and reality are completely opposite
3 November 2014
Same roleSame location
Business & Systems Integration Analyst (Current Employee) - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Working experience heavily depends on project you’re assigned. If you’re lucky enough to work for oil & gas or resource company, you may experience a great work life balance and extra allowance (this’s paid by client). In my case, I’ve been working for one of the toughest projects in the country so it’s not so much of a nice exposure. In return, I’ve learn really a lot and worked with a group of extraordinary, smart & resilient people.
Pros
Stiff but good-to-have learning curve, especially for fresh graduate
Cons
work-life balance in some projects is really a nightmare
27 November 2020
Same location
Former Employer (Former Employee) - Kuala Lumpur
they are not being transparent to you about the ongoing project and your kpi. if you work contract with them, please avoid it since they will give you so many uncertainty in decision making and will jeopardize your rice bowl. In the end, they simply last minute ending your contract while they promised something different to you before you join them. so don't always believe whatever they say about your employment. surprisingly, they not only uncertain about your contract but they also have so many uncertainty in their own process while doing work as a team. while doing work, they will give decision on the process with no permanent official notification and simply change the process they made few days ago and call the process as invalid today. easy to say, so many twists only in their process at work. the reporting manager of the project not even talking or mingle with you but they can simply give their bias response by not even knowing you. I'm not sure what about the other projects but the culture here, you have to beware with their uncertain decision making. they can simply change what they decided yesterday.
6 September 2020
Same location
Portfolio & Delivery Management Associate Manager (Former Employee) - Kuala Lumpur
It's a fast past and volatile environment. Must be adaptable as requirement ever changing due to client request. Extended working hours may be applied. Collaborative team and good skillful resources. Good remuneration package if hired as permanent staff. Competitive when comes to climbing the ladder but opportunity is there.Don't expect work-life balance! Be prepared to be highly committed and flexible to work around the clock.A lot of training available online to upscale your skills/knowledge. Staff activities (formal/informal) organized to promote bonding among employees.
Pros
Flexible work hour.
Cons
Breaks-don't expect according to schedule.
  1. Don't believe the hype