Accenture

Accenture Employee Reviews for Business Systems Analyst

The marketing team is very slick and portrays an image of a nice cushy corporate job where the most important things you have to worry about are your job and networking. While I worked here for a very short time (only around 3 months) I could see that there was a huge disparity in working conditions which depends hugely on the operating group you are assigned tom and hence the client. I was assigned to a telco, where the working conditions are considerably less cushy than say Oil and Gas. The training and induction is also kind of misleading in my opinion. The trainers make it sound like the company is just one big family and you are going to be well taken care of, and that management is very approachable if you have a problem. Well I had a boss who wasn't interested at all in me as a person, but just another lackey to work to keep the numbers down. Conclusion: work here if you are prepared to sacrifice work life balance for above average benefits and compensation. Also, middle management seems to lack management skills, the company should really work on training them up.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Lack of choice of client, big and impersonal company structure, marketing and reality are completely opposite
Working experience heavily depends on project you’re assigned. If you’re lucky enough to work for oil & gas or resource company, you may experience a great work life balance and extra allowance (this’s paid by client). In my case, I’ve been working for one of the toughest projects in the country so it’s not so much of a nice exposure. In return, I’ve learn really a lot and worked with a group of extraordinary, smart & resilient people.
Pros
Stiff but good-to-have learning curve, especially for fresh graduate
Cons
work-life balance in some projects is really a nightmare
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Accenture?
  1. Business Systems Analyst