AIA Group Limited

AIA Group Limited Employee Reviews in Queenstown

Fully commissioned-based pay scheme with various bonuses, incentives and campaigns to reward you. Requires self-motivation and high determination for sustainable career.
My work day is flexible so requires a lot of self-discipline. Very little guidance and help but must meet target which is difficult unless you have a large warm market or leads. Everyone is for himself or herself as it is their own market so unable to share with one another or they will have less sales and not be able to meet targets. Most enjoyable part of the job is you will be very free if you have few clients to meet but for those with lots of clients, they have great friendships through the years.
Pros
Flexible timing
Cons
Need to constantly find own leads
Trainers are nice and staffs there. Work culture depends on individual teams managers and other personal facts. Service is tough to maintain and longer time to build clients relationship.
Pros
Many trainings or courses to learn
Cons
Long work hours
I joined a company which surrounded by great colleagues and bosses. A workplace of peace, where there isn't any racist people nor political. I am contented and happy with my current job but sadly i want to progress and decided to move forward. Even-tho its heavy, future comes first and I am seeking to climb up the ladder where it can progress me into better positions and opportunities.
I've been able to learn a lot of new things in the company. My boss is very understanding and nice when it comes to my family issues. The most enjoyable part of the job is where you get to laugh at jokes together and we do things as a TEAM.
A 5-day work week with good colleagues and boss. I've pick up quite a justifiable understanding on the policies that AIA Provides through my journey with AIA. The team and company bonding have made my work experience more enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No career advancement
Actually I am tied agent to AIA, not an employee so I am not qualified to post any review here... but from what I observed, some staff who left the company some time ago, tend to return and continue working with AIA, probably says much about the company as a good one to work with.
Pros
Several staff welfare programmes
Cons
Hours are flexible, however, income is not. most enjoyable will be working with clients and other agents. a lot of happy and wonderful memories because of the people that are there. it is always a new challenge meeting different kinds of people on the job too.
Flexible and fun workplace. Good platform to learn new skills and knowledge that are relatable and beneficial. Managed to improve in communication skills.
Pros
Able to meet new people
Cons
Insecurity
Your leader or mentors is really the deciding factor when it comes to this career. They are really the one that will help you achieve your goals and dreams. But having said this, you need to have lots of self discipline and be prepared to work very very hard.
Pros
Flexi working hours
Is a friendly working environment and working hours is flexible. Able to meet and communicate with all agents, to submit claims, ask enquiries at the agent care center and provide others admin supports to agents. I am working as a part timer, don't work closely with the management so dont really know how they manages there are districts or groups. All agents are very friendly. The working environment there are friendly and flexible. The hardest part of the job is to ask enquiries at the agent care. Working there I don't feel any restiction.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
No allowance
Marketing of life insurance, investment and savings plan. Provide training for agent and can meet different kinds of people . It is not easy to convince client to buy insurance.
Pros
Meet more people
Cons
Many agent
Good work place. Work life balance good. Salry given is fair based on education and qualifications. Good workinf locations. Lots of opportunities tonwork beyond level
The workplace is interesting as we are assign to our own desk with a telephone. We are required to call a list of random numbers and promote an insurance and close a deal for a meet up with the consultant.
Pros
Office hours
Cons
Difficult to find food
Lots of remuneration benefits and bonuses to be earned along the way. Many learning opportunities on soft and hard skills required in the financial services sectors. Decrease the turnaround time for the communication, processes and requests between back-end staff and the FSCs to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness for clients. Pros Lots of remuneration benefits; Many learning opportunities Cons Specifically, prospecting and talking to people must be a core passion, to be able to construct a long-term and sustainable business model for yourself. Otherwise, it may be very tiring for long periods
Work life balance as you can adjust your own timing on the job. Learned a lot on personal relationship skills. Hardest part of the job is to secure new clients.
Pays well for hard work and effort. Company is giving good bonuses and incentives for effort and hard work. Requires great commitment and time to canvass for new sales.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Sacrificing lots of personal time
I have learnt how to make appointments for the financial consultants through professional communication skills. Follow ups of appointments are to be done through convincing the prospects effectively. Good colleagues within the boundary of work.
Pros
Incentives given
Working at AIA as an insurance agent was my very first job after graduation. I am a strong believer of insurance as I have my very own first hand experience of utilizing it as a form of financial protection. That was why I entered into the industry. However having said that, as much as I love insurance and financial products, I felt that the flexible work schedule is too relaxing for me and I wanted to work in a much structured environment, thus the switch to working in the bank instead.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Unstructured work schedule
Pros
Lots of remuneration benefits; Many learning opportunities
Cons
Specifically, prospecting and talking to people must be a core passion, to be able to construct a long-term and sustainable business model for yourself. Otherwise, it may be very tiring for long periods.
Started out 3 day due to no sales was ask to leave is very typical in telesales, while there is an FC observing the hard work of my call & want me by asking another FC permission, with this new FC I learn the art of articulate in making cold call and generate more quota than given, in term of management wise are very lenient and patience, co-workers are not hard to get along as all are working mature adults, of course the hardest part was back then AIG and Lehman Brother news where consumer start to worried, to conclude, working there is never an loss when kind heart are willing to groom, nurture and gift you the best.
Pros
Often have free meals
Cons
None that I can think of