Ascension

Ascension Employee Reviews

Showing all 7,736 reviews

very rewarding working with residents.

The day to day experience of working with residents and fulfilling their daily needs was very rewarding. The hours were 7am to 7pm. A typical day was to come in the morning and prepare that days breakfast. Once done serving breakfast you would wash dishes and clean to begin prep for the next meal.

Pros

hours.

benefits

Experienced Staff

Registered Nurses have a large amount of longevity. Dedicated staff and support staff. Unfortunately some of upper management are not healthcare professionals and are not available to help with staffing needs. The residents are getting great care. Staff focus on the positive and are wonderful. Con there are many agency nurses and not everyone comes with positive attitude

Messy, unorganized, and poor management

Favoritism is most definitely a thing at Ascension. The workers that do there job good get more work handed over to them that the other workers aren’t doing. No bonuses for training or orientations. Management pretends to be nice then stabs you in the back.

Pros

Health insurance

Cons

Poor management, no work life balance, poor raises, over working.

Pay n customer service needs improvement

After 3 years only making $1 more..... management does not Manger....it's no leadership.....employees go against each other....the management doesn't fight to equal pay.

Pros

Cons

Over worked low pay no compensation if u work extra its no appreciatetion...management sucks

Great Staff but the patients are a bit much

Good place to work, associates are nice, pay is ok, wok-life balance but the patients are a bit much. You can bend over backwards but the patients demand to be waited on hand and foot- get yelled at over the phone on a daily basis by them.

Good team to work with

Assignments usually reasonable. Communication between shifts often lacking important information. When being floated, no additional compensation provided. Pharmacy management system in need of upgrading because Pyxis and Power Chart do not communicate with each other and errors generated usually fall on the nurse.

Pros

Benefits good. Pay reasonable.

Cons

Lack of training for such things as wound care and ostomy care.

Has a good mission

Great compensation and benefits. Large management structure. Lots of hours worked but provides flexibility. Ability to advance. Has a great mission and treats all fairly.

Super fun place to work, great teamwork and family unit

I worked 0700-1900 as a nurse intern and had an overall great experience. I learned from some of the best nurses I have encountered. I was able to gain a great foundation for going into my career as an RN. 3N was a great place to learn and gain a great foundation of nursing skill.

Under staffed

This company used to have really high standards but now I don't feel appreciated in my position and I'm extremely overwhelmed most of the time. Granted alot has changed since the pandemic. I just hope they find staff and improve patient care and staff support.

Intimidating and insecure

We were always walking on eggshells about losing our job. The doctors were Wonderful to work with, but Management didn't know what was going on and had to ask questions, then would turn around and write people up on hearsay without obtaining all the facts. I loved the patients and the job, but not the Management. I worked hard and continually had more work loaded on me when someone quit, but never a raise. I was told alot of people left, and there is different Management, so hopefully better.

Poor regard for staff. Willful disregard of employee needs/rights.

At the height of the pandemic employees heeded the call to support the hospital and as a show of gratitude raises were completely stopped. Most managers did not advocate for their overworked, scared and stressed employees. For example, made it harder than necessary to receive bereavement pay at the most difficult time for employees. Felt like no one cared about us or how we were holding up. The attitude was just get it done without any support or training even when optimum patient care was at risk. Have to pay to park also with a blocks walk despite weather conditions.

Pros

Working with the patients

Cons

Poor management, did not feel employees mattered

Great place

Great pay, great benefits, awesome people to work with, generous time off, managers that are caring, compassionate and listen to your concerns, ability to advance

Healthcare is tough. Ascension isn't doing it right

While working through a recovery plan from massive losses during COVID, state and national leadership are totally disjointed from what nursing needs to safely care for patients. Constantly expected to do more with barely any resources. Nurses are burned out and leaving right and left. The stress is untenable.

Good environment

Management does not help and focuses on meetings vs helping staff when necessary. In the two years I worked here I only gained a 60 cent raise when having outstanding reviews.

Great local team - corporate leaders disconnected

I was in a hybrid local/national role, very matrixed organization. Person I reported to for HR knew very little about what I actually did. Local leadership was fantastic, as were co-workers. Great team environment. They eliminated my role to cut costs. Manage your own career by staying on top of openings within the organization - network!

Pros

great team mates, flexibility

Cons

corporate overlords

Run

Management only cares about filling the CEOs wallets.Understaffed, overworked and written up when you don't work 16 hours. Taking care of double our contracts patient load with very little support staff yet disciplined when we aren't perfect. Constantly expected to do more while management does nothing to help.

Work is more than the place you go.

At Ascension, I have been given a purpose and a voice to help create change in people's lives daily. The people, culture, work environment - excellent

Work that matters

Working for a non-profit can be frustrating but knowing that the work we do benefits the most vulnerable populations gives me purpose. It can be difficult to manage these populations and keep a balanced financial sheet which is where the company runs into issues from employee satisfaction. That is to say it's difficult to staff effectively due to compensation deficiencies compared to market.

Pros

flexibility/good people

Cons

pay

Different areas of jobs to choose from

The most enjoyable part of the job is the various people and relationships with others who work here. My current management are understanding and flexible. This isn't always the case.

Not worth the stress

No sense of direction, inexperienced management, feel like more of a servant. Disgruntled residents constantly screaming at you and management does not step in to defend their staff. Improper training since hired, highschool type gossip between managers. Not worth stress.

Wages could still be better but benefits are very good

Health care is actually very good to be honest40hours are guaranteedVery professional work environment When I started there was a lot more overtime, however here lately they have done a mass hiring and so the Overtime has not been quite there anymore.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ascension. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits