Assunta Hospital

Assunta Hospital Employee Reviews

Malaysia30 reviews

Average Internship Experience

A lot can be learned from shadowing the staff as an intern. The staffs are also very friendly and accommodating to any questions. However, interns might feel restricted from learning to their full potential as there won't be much interaction with the patients. Besides that, not many restaurants nearby the hospital to get a meal. The closest would need a vehicle to get there. So, best prepare your own lunch/dinner. Also, bear in mind to expect no pay as an intern here.Overall, the experience is alright but if I can, I would went elsewhere.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Costly

Fun with colleagues

I would not say the work is not fun. It was so fun when we had the good colleagues together. I would say the management is not so good hence I made choice to leave this place. Right word would be toxic management.

Fun workplace and quite challenging

I work as a Billing Staff. Before mid day, it will be slow-paced and relax due to less patient. However, during the peak hour (after 12PM), our job scope will be tough since a lot of work need to be done. I learnt about how to handle patients and those will trained your customer services skills. It will be tough if you have to deal with fussy patients as Billing will be the last place for patient to go and we will be the victim of any unsatisfaction. The workplace is very cheerful as staff here is very friendly and very easy-going. It the best place to grow you but not a job to stick with in a long run.

Pros

Flexible lunch break, shift, good working environment, salary on-time

Cons

Management, stressful.

Good team work

The good things Have a new knowlegde . I get new experience . I also can know how to handle the patient and help them when they really need help . And i get the new environment in the hospital . Assisting doctor . Keep patient to handle that people who dont have time to wait for the turn get the treatment from the doctor . The challenges Time assisting doctor and to handle the patient who cant wait for their turn get the treatment . The challenges also want we must work with staff nurse that have more experience more than us . It also challenges went have patient in the red zone . And have 50/50 to alive like us .

Fun, Friendly, Helpful

Work with the Finance department Good Orientation Programs for newbies. Great place to work. Helpful Teams like family Open for suggestions from newbies Open for changes.

Good environment with collaborate colleague

Have enjoyable day with my colleague. i had learned how to great people, smile and thanks to others. I learned a lot because this is my first job for the office environment. The management is quite weird, but it still run well. The culture was the best thing especally in my department. They always appreciate their staff by welcome the new staff, and always do a birthday wishes and so many enjoyable thing.

Learning new things

To work and bring everyone together as a team is a difficult part of the job and the workplace culture need a new vibrant if they can give and take each other.

Good work culture

Working in assunta is the good experience for cause can get new thing that i learn here.Nice colleuges is the most important to me and others that can be you stay longer in that company.

Pros

unlimited medical benefit

Cons

Nil

The pressure of the meet patient and the query.

Before this, i have deal with only customer and supplier which by verbally over the phone, for the 1st time deal with patient face to face and deal with their anger and confusions. I have learned how to deal with it, some patient are too kind and soft and few are too anger till can shout at me. Now i'm used to be. Besides that, The system using here in Hospital are totally different, i have learned new system now. Much easier from the other accounting system.

Pros

Free Medical up to 1k

Cons

No benefits

Stressful environment with low pay but ideal to gain experience from

The vicious cycle of low pay with stressful workload causes more and more staff to leave the hospital, further increasing the workload and stress from insufficient staffing. Do not expect yearly bonuses. The only way the management knows how to supplement this is by bringing in more fresh-grad staff and nursing students that graduate from the hospital-owned college with bonds. The only reason there are still staff staying on is not because of job satisfaction or adequate pay. But because of their bond to the hospital and the hefty amount they have to pay if they choose to leave the hospital prematurely. The moment this system fails is the moment that the hospital will collapse.

Pros

Ideal venue to gain work experience

Cons

Lower than average pay and stressful

Lots of hands on experience ; tough training but you get to learn from the best senior staff nurses and doctors ; management and pay might not be the best but you're able to gain a lot of experience and learn a lot

No proper system

Workplace culture is unhealthy. Staffs take things for granted due to no proper system to be brought to practiced. New staffs kept coming in and kept teaching and guiding over and over, yet still repeatedly make same mistakes.

Pros

Staffs take things for granted.

Cons

Misused of power of authority.

Fun

No Racism Fun but very old-fashioned Environment didnt contribute much to retain good employees Still a privilege to work with one of the pioneer hospitals.

Pros

Medical

Cons

Not Advanced

Productive working environment with freindly cultural colleagues

assunta is a great place to work, and to build up my knowledge in the field of nursing, but I would like to explore more out there and expand my knowledge and to earn a better income.

Pros

Insufficient staff nurses

Cons

Short breaks or sometimes no breaks, working on double shifts most times as insufficient staffs

Supportive management for staff development

Very supportive management where CEO & nursing leaders will do frequent rounds, listen to staff, and address staff grievance. Staff have been given a lot of opportunities to further study & training. Staff are working as a team, just like family.

Pros

Good medical benefit, very supportive working environment

Cons

no parking

Very nice place

This hospital very good for nursing students..Here i started my nursing journey as a student nurse till become staff mideife.. All staff and management team are very help ful have a good team dynamic

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Low salary

Feels like working with family members

Learned to deal with higher management and to make important decision in short period of time. Not a typical day at office as I am the leader of new project at the hospital.

Its a nice place to work. Unfortunately my house far from this hospital.all are friendly n a charity hospital..very talented doctors..and also staffs..

Excellent place to work

I really enjoy my working at Assunta hosp but unfortunately i resigned because of transport problem. Other than that, i experienced of being humble to the patient and i become more excited to work there.

challenging working experience for fresh grad

i enjoyed 6 months working in that company because i can apply critical thinking skill at the hardest level during working.Plus most senior staffs leaving this department (junior staff nurse always refer to senior staff when there unfamiliar issue) because they got a better job offered in other company so i took this advantage to apply knowledge and skills during studies in work place. They taught me to be more independent in the training period 6 months). But i enjoyed when i have to do double duty when we shortage of staffs because i can made extra money.

Pros

can apply knowledge and critical thinking

Cons

risk mistakes during procedure in workplace.

A good place to learn about challenging environments in healthcare

The people there warm at heart. Easy to work with. Generally, HODs are cooperative. The benefits can be better for upper Management. The current Senior Management caused many senior staffing to leave due to unreasonable expectations

Pros

Culture and team ceffort

Cons

Unreasonable expectation of Senior Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Assunta Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits