BDP International

BDP International Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

You’re seeing reviews in Chicago, IL based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
I think this company is ok to just learn the industry but not to advance. Worked here for four years but could not advance to anything even when I tried. They wanted me to stay where I was. Poor management as they did not help me to get where I wanted.
Pros
Distance
Cons
Management, pay
After my extensive experience employed with the largest broker in the nation, I am more than happy with my experience here at BDP. The leadership continues to surprise me with their intellect and keen, insightful knowledge of the industry and trends therein. The culture here is open, honest and professional. The focus is to pull in the best talent to fill the role. Then, encourage that talent to excel. The best candidate will already have demonstrated competencies in areas such as: self-starter, works well without supervision, manages their work load to achieve optimal results. The work environment is friendly, hard-working and motivated. Leadership is warm, approachable and extremely knowledgeable. I have seen it first-hand: the grace and professional tact of executive management maneuvering difficult service situations (as we have all experienced in the industry). It's truly motivating to see such finesse unfold effortlessly. It makes me strive to improve myself in all aspects. In my past experience, these situations were tense and awkward at best. In great contrast, BDP recognizes these situations as opportunities to excel in service, because our clientele respects us enough to give us feedback.
Pros
Exemplary Leadership
Cons
If you're NOT a self-starter with a desire to achieve results without being micro-managed, this company is NOT for you.
I work in the Gateway Department for BDP International. Being in a gateway means that I work in conjunction with several offices within BDP and receive a variety of commercial goods that we coordinate to send internationally.I work with a small team and supervisor our daily operational duties and assist if there's something my staff might have queries. I coordinated general cargo and dangerous good shipments with different airlines to ensure the fastest as well as most cost effective way to send the shipment to its final destination. BDP offers a chance to learn the industry and grow and strive to advance within the company. I enjoy sharing my knowledge and experiences with my team as well as working to maximize a profit for my customer. I thank BDP for an opportunity to learn this part of the industry and give me a more complete scope of the logistics environment.
Pros
Family oriented, professional environment
Cons
healthcare benefits