BDP International

BDP International Employee Reviews for Compliance Officer

Recently purchased by private equity. NO longer a family run company. The new identity and culture of the company is unclear at this time. Growth is expected.
BDP is a great place to work. There is a team environment with knowledge of working on specific projects. Everyone is there to help you complete your job daily from management down.
After my extensive experience employed with the largest broker in the nation, I am more than happy with my experience here at BDP. The leadership continues to surprise me with their intellect and keen, insightful knowledge of the industry and trends therein. The culture here is open, honest and professional. The focus is to pull in the best talent to fill the role. Then, encourage that talent to excel. The best candidate will already have demonstrated competencies in areas such as: self-starter, works well without supervision, manages their work load to achieve optimal results. The work environment is friendly, hard-working and motivated. Leadership is warm, approachable and extremely knowledgeable. I have seen it first-hand: the grace and professional tact of executive management maneuvering difficult service situations (as we have all experienced in the industry). It's truly motivating to see such finesse unfold effortlessly. It makes me strive to improve myself in all aspects. In my past experience, these situations were tense and awkward at best. In great contrast, BDP recognizes these situations as opportunities to excel in service, because our clientele respects us enough to give us feedback.
Pros
Exemplary Leadership
Cons
If you're NOT a self-starter with a desire to achieve results without being micro-managed, this company is NOT for you.
Training was obsolete. Very unorganized business to work for. I think that this company has great potential however the way that it is ran seems to be not organized at all. Training was not good at all.
Great work environment, worked in teams. Most people are easy to work with and helpful. This industry can be very stressful, so having good people to work for and with is imperative. I enjoy working direct with the customers, helping them to understand what is needed for them to be in compliance and to ensure their freight is cleared through US Customs with the most efficiency possible.
Pros
One hour lunch, bonuses, recongition awards
Cons
dental plan is not great