Burger King

Burger King Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager2,248 reviews

Found 2,248 reviews matching the searchSee all 50,932 reviews

Ambiente de trabajo tranquilo.

I liked very much to work there because coworkers were helpful and costumers friendly.

Cons

Cambios de horarios.

What is the best part of working at the company?It's a job that is easily obtainable and easy to keep.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Having a time limit on making drive thru orders. This timing causes error and incorrect orders especially during peak times.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?There are people from all walks of life. As long as there is mutual respect and understanding that it's a job, you get along just fine.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Cleaning, cooking, taking orders, prep, cashier work, on your feet all day and constantly moving, assisting employees, counting drawers.

Cool place to work

Decent job compared to other places especially mall food courts. Lots of young kids working, long hours and free lunches were cool. Good flexibility also

Productive and fun workplace

This was a productive and fun workplace. I enjoyed working here and received a lot of training while there. I felt equipped to do my job and enjoyed my time there.

What is the best part of working at the company?Absolutely nothing!What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The General Manager was the absolute worst!What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It was unorganized and unstructured.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Physically, Mentally, and Emotionally stressful for 10 long hours!

some what a Good place to work

It' has its ups and downs as with all companies. There is a lot of favortism currently going on with this location and some of the "managers" don't put in the work they are required and like to sit and play on their phones all day

Pros

Paid vacations after 1 year of employment

Cons

Management gets no break and there is a lot of favortism

Fun to work and great environment

Not bad of a work place so far so good! The morning crew is always the most knowledgeable, the night crew is school youngsters that tend to be on their phone while they can! But over all is a good place to work.

Pros

Management listens

Cons

As a manager you can stay longer as expected while the other manager comes in (late)

Okay

It was decent at times. A lot of stress some days, then laid back on others. Sometimes unachievable expectations and goals. A lot of turnover and no help to cover.

Great for students

Great if you are a student, however you get your rota only once in advance, so you can’t really plan anything, barely get any weekends off unless you are one of the favourites.

Good place for experience

It was a good first job. I'm glad that I stayed to move up in the company. It took a lot of time away from me and I had to work so much that I now have physical limitations I didn't have before.

Jobs at Burger King

Assistant Manager positions
See more jobs

Look elsewhere

Good luck if you're a manager advancing in this workplace. They'll have Senior ASM's run stores for extended periods of time without pay as they offer some of the lowest pay in the industry.45-hour contracts with very *wink wink nudge nudge* suggestions. You won't get breaks, you won't have time outside of work to do the things you need to do.Good luck if you choose to work here.

Pros

Decent lunch allowance.

Cons

Long hours, unsociable hours.

What is the best part of working at the company?Working with different peopleWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Running out of productWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?It was great depending on who you was working forWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Staying busy and keeping the store clean. Making sure you have enough products to last you through the day.

What is the best part of working at the company?Meeting new people everyday and getting to know the ones that come everyday What is the most stressful part about working at the company?I know some burger King locations are great to work at but the one I was at was bad was an assistant manager and very pour leadership from store and gm once I worked at night and store Manger would make sure they as fully staffed when she worked would run u labor and then telll us at night we would have to send people home to cut labor make us work with 2 or 3 people mostly just very pour planningWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?For the location I was at was always stressfullWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Running back and forth from drive thru taking orders and collecting money at first window then Running up bag and hand it out at 2nd window and take orders on front counter

Not a good company to work for

Management doesn’t care about any of your problems only the money they’re making. Requesting time off is always a problem. They purposely create hostile work environments. Unfair scheduling, some people can take several vacations while others who have time can’t take any time at all. They fail to train everyone and instead of focusing on training make people that are trained properly pick up the work load.

Pros

Free meals.

Cons

No breaks if salary, low pay, poor work environment all together

Great environment!

I love my job at Burger King as an assistant manager. My general manager as well as my supervisor is very understanding and work with your schedule. I was a bit weary on joining the team because of past reviews, but I’m so glad I did! Not to mention the environment is welcoming and friendly!

Fun work place

The employees were awesome! I loved working there the only problem was upper management. Never helped with anything when something would stop working it would take them forever to get it fixed. At the peak of covid a lot of the employees quit not wanting to get sick so we were understaffed and no one in upper management did anything to help ease the situation instead they expected more from us and when sales went down they started cutting hours making us super understaffed and when you asked for a raise it was rare when they would approve it. Raises went from every 6 months to every year to rarely getting approved.

The job is fast paced at times, but you have time to get the jobs done. The store level management is great, but sometimes past that level you can feel ignored.

Not good

The upper management team treats you well until you give them 7 years without missing day than all of the sudden they start treating like ...I loved bk until I was demoted from opening lobby twice late (instead of 9 it was 11) than I was really pushed out of that place

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Upper management

Horrible

Was a manager here and its just an absolute shambles of a company. Very nasty and immature people work here. I would avoid at all costs.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Everything else

What is the best part of working at the company?Interaction with the customers.Making them feel welcomed What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Long hours and not enough staffWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?stressful and unprofessional What is a typical day like for you at the company?stressful

Hustle & fun

Workplace is fun, team members are really helpful, but burger king management need to improve, need to hire sufficient staff . Need to improve job guarantee of employees and respect the crew and managers. Specifically burger king must have work on purchasing of stock which very important for smooth operation. Stock always running low and that is not good sign for smooth restaurants operation. HR team need to work on sufficient stock and staff .. overall burger king is good reputed company who want to make career can make here. I am really thankful of burger king..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits