Chevron

Chevron Employee Reviews

Malaysia11 reviews
i have a good knowledge in this working area and also have a good experience to do and know hoe about process and planning before complete the project
I had fun working for 6 years at Chevron Malaysia. Generally the working environment is caring for employees, open culture, friendly colleagues, safety driven and a bit monotonous.
Pros
Well known oil company and reputable. Care for employees
Cons
Process driven with too many SOP
1. system will automatically lock when the employee exceed typing speed or mouse click.
2. management are well care about the employee's health.

3. Every 2 years will have medical check up for those employee below 40 years old.
cant say much about this company as im work just 3 months based on contract. in 3 months not much i can learn there. just the office environment is nice for me. a good place to work.
Hands on all security advisory and operation activities. Lots of security management role. Provide to work freely with minimum supervision butt must delver operation excellence and results .The travelling to overseas location to work.
Pros
Monthly free lunch
Cons
Nil
Decentralization of management and reporting lines has created silos within the organization where people don't collaborate enough. Management tolerates mediocre work and accepts lame excuses for under performance.
Pros
Well structured with processes
Cons
Stifling culture
Working well with the colleague and supervisors. Have been dealing with support team and customers. Promptly feedback to customers.
Liaise with the government regarding the monthly diesel subsidy.
Pros
Good pay and staff benefits
Cons
Management is bot stable due to restructuring of the company
Chevron is overall a great company and I hate that I have been laid off.

I would go back to work for Chevron if the opportunity occurs
Its been the best experience ever but sad the contract has come to an end. My colleagues have been supportive and co-operative. Met new people from overseas and been travelling throughout assisting them in task. Driving new places was a great experience as travelling has been my interest. Chevron is one of the leading oil and gas corporation known worldwide, true enough as they have provided with excellent service despite being a junior staff for the company. Driving in variety vehicle made me look good at the same time. True enough i provided quality in my service as the company took really great care of all employers.
Pros
Free meals, Hotel, allowances. Diesel and Toll is been paid using a topup card which provided by the company as well.
Cons
Yard Clinic and Pantry. Restroom for drivers on standby and smoking zone.
Great for personal career development, provides equal opportunity for everyone at the workplace to learn either through employee empowerment or in-house trainings. Chevron working culture is great, celebrates diversity of thoughts and has a great mix of staff from all walks of life.
Pros
Career development
Cons
N/a
im working like everyone and learned many thing with different people around and can learn about language,tolerance,environmental conditions that require patience,managing something difficult to be more easily example reporting and documentation must complete and easy tu understand.Talk about co-workers,I have friends who are more mature and experienced,coming from various countries.The most difficult part of the job is dealing with employees who hold a mass protest and to describe something but condemnation by the employee, will require patience.The most fun is every weekend,we all going to some place like island beach,jungle tracking and fishing.
Pros
free lunches, accomodation, weekend trip
Cons
limited vehicle, short break