CIMB Group

CIMB Group Employee Reviews

Malaysia235 reviews
It has a healthy corporate culture. The management procedure is clear, I was given clear briefing of the mission and vision of the company. It is very systematic, it also encourages a healthy and friendly working environment.
Very professional and proper communication quality and experienced and well trained excellent colleagues to guide while on the job training & at work.
The unit head left CIMB.
My nasty experience was only about her that I ended my contract.

Job placement training can be structured better. During my time, training was by her. Another department executive took the effort to explain and guide me.
Pros
Other than my unit, the rest of the teams and department are nice and helpful people.
Cons
The leader of any unit makes or breaks a team.
Good environment, pleasant work place, good in benefits and compensation , very stable company , good in management , job culture is tough, so competitive
I did enjoy my day at work with the friends. Management is okay. I learned to work independently. Workplace culture is good, all friends are always taking care of each other. The hardest part of the job is explaining the same thing to customer but sometimes they don't listen. The enjoyable part is I get the chance to live and learn in the lovely way.
Pros
Go home after done office hours
Cons
Average pay
I am so grateful because of the experience working in financial institution. All the staff are very kind and helpful.
I learn about banking system, PnC of customers data, and few banking acts!
The working environment at CIMB group is a very good learning curve for me whereby I was attached to various department during my ten years tenure there. The work culture was a very fast paced environment.
Supportive and helpful colleagues/mentors. As much as work is tedious but very rewarding as the company provide fun activities to compensate their staff's hard work.
Pressure with bad zone manager.
Dint get my commission for two time.

Bad system.

Dint get the practice how to the the work.

Need to learn by self and need find other person to teach.
improve inter-dept communication, improve 2 ways interaction mgmt and staff, more appriecate staff contribution, look forward & result oriented.
good place to gain experiance.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CIMB Group?
Daily got walk in client, attending customer and help them to solve the problems.Management support very well. Time management is very important, because to solve the customer issue, I need to depend on other departments to solve the issues. The best part is every 2 months we have to training, briefing, talk and gathering. This can motivate us.
A great place to build a career, however work/life is not balance in terms of workload and benefit for contract worker. Didn't get benefit as much as permanent worker at least for medical benefit.
I learned a lot of knowledge about banking. Especially in Remittances. Which is the most risky department, but i take it as a challenge. Besides, we can learn from mistakes. :)
Pros
Medical covered & Overtime paid
Cons
Na
A mechanism to put our best effort of performing on skills of sales and handling problems while getting great value of rewards working with CIMB BANK.
Work at cimb quite best experience plus you can get so many network from there...pleased being nice to everybody then people will help u...especially u in sales area
sales target is realistic and achievable but management keep restructuring exercise and ending up the staffs career development is neglected when comes to yearly bonus, increment and promotion exercise
Although I only in training programme, I learn a lot about office culture. The staffs teach us about preparation before meeting, the way to present case, how to communicate with branches and more.
personal banker is an ideal career for someone who loves building
relationships in his local community has a love for the markets and desire to make a solid income, but is not concerned with getting rich. Personal banker often must take on an advisory role to this part of his job successfully. Banking terminology is a foreign language to some customers, so it is up to the personal banker to help the customer understand and feel confident about where his money is being placed
As a result of 4 mergers during my entire services with CIMB, may have the consequences on my overall salary. The salary revision does not commensurate with those who have been long with the organisation.
The departments are not collaborative. Face time is very important. Some of the work being done is not value-added - instead of improving the process it slows it down.
I has been exposed many industrial job scope. I has learnt how the business goes to in the base of management, client and investment product. Its build my skills and gain the experience
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIMB Group. Our community is ready to answer.