CIMB Group

CIMB Group Employee Reviews

Malaysia239 reviews
It is very chalengging and stressful workplace but for those who love and enthusiastic to find a client and eager to earn more money you should try to apply
I am very eager to join CIMB family again as i miss my cimb work cultures and this is the most wonderfull bank and i really love cimb to serve again until my retirement
Pros
I love cimb
Cons
Happy because can gain experience on banking site
Have a good teamwork and its quite good because i can do my jobs in happy environment

All team members and upper management support and willing to teach new joiner
good experience in order to grow career path on sales. supportive teammate and fun environments. orther than that, can build confident level in order to close deal with customers.
It has a healthy corporate culture. The management procedure is clear, I was given clear briefing of the mission and vision of the company. It is very systematic, it also encourages a healthy and friendly working environment.
Very professional and proper communication quality and experienced and well trained excellent colleagues to guide while on the job training & at work.
The unit head left CIMB.
My nasty experience was only about her that I ended my contract.

Job placement training can be structured better. During my time, training was by her. Another department executive took the effort to explain and guide me.
Pros
Other than my unit, the rest of the teams and department are nice and helpful people.
Cons
The leader of any unit makes or breaks a team.
Good environment, pleasant work place, good in benefits and compensation , very stable company , good in management , job culture is tough, so competitive
I did enjoy my day at work with the friends. Management is okay. I learned to work independently. Workplace culture is good, all friends are always taking care of each other. The hardest part of the job is explaining the same thing to customer but sometimes they don't listen. The enjoyable part is I get the chance to live and learn in the lovely way.
Pros
Go home after done office hours
Cons
Average pay
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CIMB Group?
I am so grateful because of the experience working in financial institution. All the staff are very kind and helpful.
I learn about banking system, PnC of customers data, and few banking acts!
The working environment at CIMB group is a very good learning curve for me whereby I was attached to various department during my ten years tenure there. The work culture was a very fast paced environment.
Supportive and helpful colleagues/mentors. As much as work is tedious but very rewarding as the company provide fun activities to compensate their staff's hard work.
Pressure with bad zone manager.
Dint get my commission for two time.

Bad system.

Dint get the practice how to the the work.

Need to learn by self and need find other person to teach.
improve inter-dept communication, improve 2 ways interaction mgmt and staff, more appriecate staff contribution, look forward & result oriented.
good place to gain experiance.
Daily got walk in client, attending customer and help them to solve the problems.Management support very well. Time management is very important, because to solve the customer issue, I need to depend on other departments to solve the issues. The best part is every 2 months we have to training, briefing, talk and gathering. This can motivate us.
A great place to build a career, however work/life is not balance in terms of workload and benefit for contract worker. Didn't get benefit as much as permanent worker at least for medical benefit.
I learned a lot of knowledge about banking. Especially in Remittances. Which is the most risky department, but i take it as a challenge. Besides, we can learn from mistakes. :)
Pros
Medical covered & Overtime paid
Cons
Na
A mechanism to put our best effort of performing on skills of sales and handling problems while getting great value of rewards working with CIMB BANK.
Work at cimb quite best experience plus you can get so many network from there...pleased being nice to everybody then people will help u...especially u in sales area
sales target is realistic and achievable but management keep restructuring exercise and ending up the staffs career development is neglected when comes to yearly bonus, increment and promotion exercise
Although I only in training programme, I learn a lot about office culture. The staffs teach us about preparation before meeting, the way to present case, how to communicate with branches and more.