Columbia Asia

Columbia Asia Employee Reviews

Malaysia46 reviews
I have been guide by an inspiring and nurturing General Manager.
Let you growth unconditionally

Attentive and very high empathy

Good culture and positive vibes

Multitasking
The role of administrator involves a great deal of multitasking. Work with teams, oversee the operations within company, manage groups, coordinate with management and engage in planning according to the needs of company. If there are office resource or administrative issues, i will be the person expected to deal with them.

Here is a quick list of typical administrator duties:

Management of office equipment

Maintaining a clean and enjoyable working environment

Handling external or internal communication or management systems

Managing clerical or other administrative staff

Organizing, arranging and coordinating meetings

Sorting and distributing incoming and outgoing post
Stressful environment working at Columbia.Less salary and superior won't care about their staff healths.One of the example will go for lunch at 4 or 5 pm most of the time because of shortage staff.
Good place to gain experience, skills and training session. But with minimum period of probation. Need to improve management and salary review and the need to add more staff.
Pros
Ok
Cons
Ok
So far good environment in working place and can learn new thing everyday such as how to handle insurance through medical card and how to handle patients in good way
- Flexible working hours
- Always provide staff for training

- Laboratory manager is very kind and helpful

- The staffs is nice

- The management is very good
Overall it's a great place to work. However, too many old timers here who slowed down the working pace in Columbia Asia. I have learnt my project management skill here. The hardest part is to deal with country and group C-suites of various countries. The most enjoyable is to be able to go back at 5pm sharp daily if there is no assignment.
A lot of paperwork to do but i always manage to do the important things first and then continue doing another paperwork until done. I am so greatful having workmates who always support each other and being so helpful.
Pros
Free breakfast
A community hospital where employees works close to each other because of the smaller set-up.Its a 5 1/2 work in a week office hours, To me, I feel that I have grown, career-wise, along with Columbia Asia as the company expands. In my opinion, Columbia Asia prospers because there is an understanding and caring work culture within the company."
Pros
Medical Coverage, Bonus, Increment
Day at work is good but i know every work place have the pro and cons. While working sometimes busy and sometimes being relaxing. For me, working at a hospital its need an effective attitude, passionate talking to patients and understand their requirement. What i have learned while working here is the team work. A collaborative team work and accept any challenges i faced. The culture of workplace is mostly a social work which helping their needs and wants. The hardest part of the job is when solving a patients problem, their complains and anger towards the service of us. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a build rapport with patients and doctors, team work solving problems.
Pros
Overtime bonuses, annual dinner
Cons
Six days works, Short leave
Benefits given to staffs is excellence since this company is HealthCare background. But when staff required to work on weekends, it will effects the staffs work life balance.
I have learned about calorie count using reliable sources,preparation and distribution of meals to patient.The staffs and manager were so helpful during the internship.They have taught me how to adapt myself to the actual working environment in hospital.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No allowance
I get more experience in this company. Many things that i learn from this company. I be more hardwork person. In the short time i learn many about care of patient and responsibilities to them
Love the people in the organisation and a reasonably good and secure place to work in. I have been here for the last 10 years and it is a good organisation which provide a good work life balance.
Pros
Security in job
Cons
Remuneration package
My opinion :
1. The management should have more open adn wider their opnions from managers in managing the hospital.

2. Benefits should be more better.
so much experience in there.. i learn how to comfort the patient.. how to talk to people.. grooming my self.. doing the emergancy cases.. friendly charge nurse and staf nurse.. all im learning from them.. and they make me continue my studies in nursing..
I have been work for 4 and half years in labour room department. Good management. Keep update any issues. God salary increment and bonus per year. Enjoy and happy.
Cons
Medical insurance
Create invoice, credit note and editing invoices in software.
Assist in credit card cancellation.

Preparation of monthly stock adjustment and stock write-off report.

Monthly reconciliation between AR module and doctor's fee report.

Assist in stock take and preparation of inventory listing
Cons
Short break and health care
This company target on nearby community and its required you to mixed up job with your personal a bit. Customer usually nearby community, knowing and understand the community will help run your task.
most of the doctors and staff are young and energetic. We are like a big family and managed to overcome issues and challenges smoothly. lots of facilities available.
Pros
free medical consultation
Cons
not applicabel
Good environment working place whereby can learn more knowledge. Workplace culture is very positive and all people in organization gives full support towards working in team.
Pros
Lot of training opportunities given
Cons
Sometimes stressful on certain work issue