Dell Technologies
Coronavirus update
Information from Dell Technologies:

Dell Technologies Employee Reviews

Showing all 10,564 reviews
hardest job , not stress, good management, hardest working team, enjoy my job, leader always take part when we need something hard happen. flexible working time,
No Work/Life Balance, no Job Security. Worst Management and work Culture is also pathetic. Overall it's a mixed experience working here. It's not about Company, it's about your current leaders you work with.
At Dell technologies I was very involved with the culture and loved the sales atmosphere. i would highly recommend working at Dell Technologies for any new or experienced sales person.
Great company, love the pay and the hours, great benefits, you will love to work for Dell it is awesome, again I would just like to submit this butvI can't until I reach 150 characters
Pros
great pay
Cons
no cons
Great products and team members. Typical day at dell consist of meeting with customers, account planning and strategy, building solutions and presenting demos.
Good place to work. As concern knowledge and salary both are best. Training period was excellent. Thanks for giving me this opportunity to be a part of Dell comapny. In future also i shall try for Dell jobs. Thanks a lot.
No place for female advancement - easily fired if you don’t meet you quota after two quarters -very little praise for accomplishments - culture is small and divided
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
No place for female advancement
I was not on payroll of Dell Technoligies. I was working for Dell through Exl BPO in Magarpatta, Pune. Work environment was good. The only thing which wasnt good was Night Shifts. We hardly use to get day shifts.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Night Shifts
As a Tam at Dell, no day is typical, you deal with escalations and need to think out of the box.
You are the point of contact between Dell and customers.

Workplace culture is normal for Austin. Team environment, if you can be a positive influence, lead you fit, but there is room for followers.

The hardest part of the job, if you have a technical background as I do is you have to share maybe a hundred technicians among all TAMs. There may be times you notice some incident that could be resolve easily, but you have to keep in mind Dell considers themselves a hardware company.

A small software configuration or something basic will get addressed by hardware fixes. Very rare a software issue is every given to the software team to fix. Even if you want some incident resolved, your job is to let the technicians do their job. I had 3 Black Belt level projects in one year, just did them myself, as an ENTJ I spot inefficiencies easily. So I would just do them knowing they would bring in multi million dollars with zero cost.Made Dell look good, maybe not others on team. Keep in mind not everyone is an excellent worker like me.There are some you will wonder how they got hired. Just the way it is. Dell is heavy on promoting women, Mormons. too. You may have multiple managers. I had five managers change in one year. Just be flexible. But if you are a TAM keep in mind customers are real people. Normal server/network for you if you are day time Tam is around 4500 servers/networks in production. If daytime TAM you own the relationship 24 hours a day, but there is good 2nd and 3rd shift.
 - more...
Pros
Do your job, sometimes from home, help others, and ask for help if needed. Decent work/life balance
Cons
There can be lay offs . Even if you are a good performer, upper management may not factor this in. If over 40, no chance of getting a job at Dell or most places in Austin
Not interested to tell about the work culture. People are not having team spirit. They are not cooprative. They don't have enough technical knowledge to educate new comers. Not organised.
Good place to work with good work life Balance and great work atmosphere. Compensation is low and can be improved for employers to stay. Perks are less
amazing time. Professional environment. Encouraging opportunities. Great facilities. Friendly staff. Approachable management. Easy to interact with HR.
Great company
Very care the health of employee, during the COVID-19

My manager is very good leader, help me to join Dell smoothly, have reqular 1X1 meeting to check my status

Joined Dell with a lot of exceptions to grow Professional and personally. In 7 years of experience at Dell journey was eventful, learning product, services.
Got a chance to travel on a business trip to Netherlands for a week.
Pros
Quarterly team building activities.
Remote management very out of touch. Political management with favoritism. Unable to get proper hands-on experience from peers and staff. Lack of technical direction from team leads and management.
Cons
Unprofessional staff and management style
Predominantly a hardware company which is trying to do Digital Transformation without hiring enough hands-on people. There are too many managers who are non-technical, passed out of good management institutes and hence drawing hefty salaries but clue-less and direction less. The tiny portion of hands-on software engineers are overworked & methodically exploited so that they do not climb the ladder.
Pros
Diversity
Benefits
This company truly values its employees. They provide professional and personal development. They do truly believe in their mission statement, which is so impactful.
Good company, great benefits and good work\life balance. This is a good place to work, can be challenging at times and lots of pressure to get things done to hit deadlines.
Pros
Pay, benefits, coworkers
Cons
Stressful
There's no right or wrong sometimes. There's only if the customer calls your supervisor's boss. Then they will tell you that you said it wrong. Even though you told the customer what management told you to tell them. Even when your supervisor initially agreed.
Dell is an excellent company to work for. The available training is excellent and I have put the knowledge I gained at Dell to work on a daily basis with my subsequent roles.
Management was excellent to work with. Team members knew what to expect and were coached and encouraged to complete their tasks. Very good experience.
Pros
Team meetings and lunches, work from home 3 days per week.