Deloitte
Coronavirus update
Information from Deloitte:

Deloitte Employee Reviews

Malaysia49 reviews
Very stressful working environment .
Internal process are too many to be followed.

Protocols also too many need to understand and followed.

Too pushy and rushing environment to completed assigned task according to the timeline.

Superior also doesn't understand the consultant workload.
Pros
Can learn about immigration task
Cons
Working environment is not healthy
I learn to be independent and i learn to manage time efficiently and learn how to work fast. You have to work smart and need to put extra effort to learn new things.
This was my first job and i've been working with Deloitte for 4 years now. It's a great platform to learn new skills such as accounting and auditing. There is a lot of support available (management and articles available) to read and improve your skillset.
Sometimes you will meet a good manager and/or partner who will direct and guide you to the correct path in achieving your project's objectives, besides, completing the audit engagement(s). The resource allocation in completing an audit engagement is very important. Staffs and audit experts with relevant technical knowledge and experiences, sufficient time allocated and communication with clients are to be involved and planned accordingly before commencement of any audit engagement.
Working in an audit/consulting firm, it is very fast paced and competitive. You definitely learn a lot even for a short period of working there. Unfortunately, work life balance is a bit off
Same routine.
Pantry full of food.

Working culture stressful if unable to meet kpi.

The pressure come from director if unable to meet the kpi.

Need to have knowledge while doing work.
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
Pressured director
Being my first job after graduated, Deloitte offers a lot of experiences to learn about corporate world. Their working culture was excellence & a lot of internal trainings to equip self with latest update. The only thing that made me left Deloitte was because of my personal goals will hardly been achieved if i stay. The workload quite heavy & hectic, but worth the paycheck though.
The environment of the workplace is good and enjoyable. The management is helpful and willing to teach and share knowledge.

The Company also have a lot of learning programme to improve the knowledge and any updates on the standard and requirement.
You are expected to perform 1001 tasks within small time frame and output is of highest quality. The requirements are ever increasing whereas the time and resources are ever decreasing. If you have no support on resources all your work will be delayed and result in excessive hours required to complete it.
Pros
Flexi Friday
Cons
Ad-hoc work
Have a multicultural environment. Definitely good place to develop soft skill as well as some technical skills, depending on your role. Hardest part would be if you are being placed under manager that does not click with you. Enjoyable if it is otherwise.
My 5 years experience of working with this company overall I could say this is the best company ever. Frienfly working environment, good benefits just like government, feels like home & less stress
Pros
Good vibes, Feels like family & happening environment
Cons
Small salary because it's a semi government company
You will get to do state of the art, interesting and mind challenging projects. If you like that than this is the place to be. There is lots of learning and you will work will really smart and passionate people.
Pros
The projects are challengings
Cons
You need to be in the good books of the Partners
• Conducting various events for Talent Engagement purposes; Internal - orientation, on-boarding session, student visit and career fair. External – guest lecture, career fair, campus career fair, ICAEW conference, sponsorship for events related to Accounting & Finance clubs, subjects and professional certificates.
• Liaising directly with university representatives, student ambassadors, suppliers, vendors and talent students for career opportunity.

• Shortlisting candidates and recruiting candidates for internship programs.

• Promoting Deloitte as a brand and its values and principles through events conducted
Hired to finish a specific job. I learned a lot about the culture and procedures of a big corporation. I wish I could learn more outside of the administrative tasks.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Was assigned repetitive tasks
I have completed my three and half months internship as an audit vacation trainee at Deloitte Kuala Lumpur. Throughout the entire engagement, I get the big picture about what an auditor work as. I get the chance to use Deloitte software, EMS 2.0 that can analyze more data more quickly. I have engaged in large influential companies such as Lafarge Malaysia Berhad, WPP Marketing Communication and Bluewater Energy. This allow me to look deeply and objectively at the inner workings of companies - finance, supply chain, inventory, real estate, assets and technology. From gaining audit and assurance knowledge, improving communication skills, technical skills and soft skills to building teamwork and self-confidence, everything was meaningful and crucial because they made me grow.
Pros
Highest pay for internship
Cons
Stressful workplace but overall is fun to learn stuff. Work under pressure can learn more stuff and way to deal with different problems. The most enjoyable part was when we have discussion and we joke while thinking about how to solve the risk problems.
My experience in Deloitte has afforded me the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in audit. This comprised of audit experience in public listed company, as well as multinational companies during the past year with Deloitte.
A highly professional accounting firm with outstanding training. A diversity of client-based ranging from multinational to public listed entities. Well structured with great exposure.
Pros
Professional Exposure
Cons
Tight Deadlines
Good salary but at the same time it's not a work/life balance job. Recommended for fresh grad to enter. You will get great exposure there. Bunch of colleagues which is around your age.
Provide more employee benefits to motivate employee for better performance. Provide more better work space to ensure employee comfortable to perform work.
In my current job, I learn auditing skills and enhancing my technical knowledge day by day. Also, I learn how to lead and manage an audit team. With the auditing, technical and management skills that I enhance day by day, this lead to my job satisfaction.